Clinical Dietitian - Outpatient Nutrition (Part-time, 20hrs/wk)
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian - Outpatient Nutrition (Part-time,
Location: Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Wellbeing Services, Dietitian
Work Type: Part time
Department: Clinical Nutrition Outpatient Division
Date Posted: 06/14/2022
Job ID: R-33318
Job SummaryProvides safe, ethical, and competent evidence-based
nutritional therapy that meets the standards of practice and the
scope of practice as stated by the Academy of Nutrition and
Dietetics. Manages the individual's nutrition care in collaboration
with the health care team and other nutrition professionals.
- Assesses individual needs through synthesis of information
obtained through the assessment interview, food and nutrition and
related histories, review of the medical record, and discussion
with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Develops a plan to meet assessed needs including
recommendations regarding: the composition of diet and meal
patterns and supplements; and the volume, rate, and composition of
parenteral and enteral feedings.
- Confers with the health care team to develop goals related to
- Plans and coordinates the use of special dietary regimens.
- Documents initial assessment plans for nutritional care and
progress relative to same in the medical record in accordance with
- Evaluates nutritional status of individuals and makes
recommendations regarding provision of optimal care.
- Counsels individuals, families, and care provider on normal
nutrition and therapeutic diets with consideration given to the
individual's educational, cultural, and socioeconomic
- Plans and conducts group classes for individuals in various
areas of nutrition as appropriate.
- Writes nutrition related orders for hospitalized patients in
accordance with the Clinical Nutrition policy.
- Consults, educates, and advocates on behalf of individuals,
groups, and special populations regarding food, culinary, nutrition
and health issues, food security and insecurity, nutrition
programs, nutrition wellness and resources.
- Plans for continuing nutrition care for individuals, as needed,
after discharge from the hospital using ancillary resources.
- Contributes to and designs referral process and systems to
facilitate public access to Registered Dietitians.
- Receives referrals for services and make referrals to other
relevant health care professional.
- Implements outcome-based quality assurance and performance
improvement activities to document outcomes of service; compliance
with regulations, policies, and procedures; and monitor and address
- Self-evaluates results and monitors for trends and changes in
productivity related to workload.
- Compiles statistics and completes Clinical Productivity
worksheets on a timely basis.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews, and revises patient instruction
materials and recipe and food products for the patient menu.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees for the
organization and represents the Clinical Nutrition department in
decisions made by these committees.
- Participates in planning, implementation, and evaluating
research studies conducted by members of the Clinical Nutrition
Services or nutrition-related research coordinated by other
departments, as available.
- Develop and use electronic information management tools for
practice, research, and education.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position Details*Hours: Flexible, between 8am - 4:30pm.* Diabetes
experience preferred*As a valued Dietitian at Geisinger, you can
- Cutting-edge, top-of-scope practice - including independent
order writing, protocol medication adjustments, and more
- Our medical team seeks and implements our recommendations for
- Career growth through our Professional Development Program
- Growing Specialties: Pediatrics, Senior Care, Outpatient
Diabetes Management, and Outpatient Nutrition*We take pride in the
support we provide:
- 5% contribution to your retirement plan
- Generous paid time-off package
- Comprehensive suite of healthcare benefits, including medical,
prescription drug, vision and dental coverage. Geisinger healthcare
professionals receive a discount on all medical benefits.
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist -
Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Clinical Dietitian - Outpatient Nutrition (Part-time, 20hrs/wk), Healthcare , Branchdale, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!