Cytotechnologist, Geisinger Medical Center (Full Time) (Days)
Location: Mount Carmel
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Title: Cytotechnologist, Geisinger Medical Center (Full
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: Laboratory Surgical Pathology Team
Date Posted: 01/03/2023
Job ID: R-42573
Job SummaryMust have ASCP cytotechnologist credential.
Screens gynecological and non-gynecological cytologic preparations
to determine abnormalities and assists Pathologist with
- Screens various cytologic preparations with accuracy and
competency; identifies abnormal, malignant, or other significant
physiologic states while exercising judgment based on
classification criteria established by the department.
- Signs out negative gynecologic specimen reports.
- and passes yearly Pap Proficiency Testing.
- Assists in the performance of fine needle aspiration as
- Includes advising clinician of proper specimen collection,
performing rapid staining and providing specimen adequacy
- Obtains patient history and clinical information as necessary
and requests collection of additional specimen for further studies
- Follows departmental procedures for quality assurance.
- Ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems
and Quality Assurance deviate from established performance
- Prepares and processes certain specimens in the Cytopreparatory
lab when necessary.
- Remains familiar with Cytopreparatory techniques.
- Participates in department record-keeping, including work
volumes, safety records, continuing education records, and quality
assurance records and activities as requested.
- Maintains equipment, participates in established preventive
maintenance program, and alerts Analytical Specialist of any
- Assists in proper handling and storage of supplies, notifies
Analytical Specialist when inventory is low.
- Assists in the evaluation and validation of new instruments and
new technologies as needed under the supervision of the Analytical
Specialist and Doctoral Director.
- Participation in completion of assigned initial and subsequent
competency assessment examinations required and maintains working
knowledge of applicable Laboratory Information System programs and
- Participates in the training and orientation of new
employees.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures.The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
Position Details$12,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!This
position is anticipated to work 8:30A - 5P, Monday-Friday.Join our
team at Geisinger Medical Center! Our cytopathology services are
headed by Dr. Sara Monaco and processes more than 35,000 cytology
cases per year, of which approximately 8,000 are non-gynecologic
cases. -Geisinger also offers a cytopathology fellowship program,
emphasizing the skills and technology available at Geisinger. Learn
more about cytology at Geisinger here:
have ASCP cytotechnologist credential. -$12,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!* -Geisinger benefits include, but are not
limited to: -
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance,
that starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account
- Company-paid life, short-term disability, and long-term
- Competitive 401(K) plan that includes an automatic 5% Geisinger
contribution starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time more quickly
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
earn monetary incentives
- Family support that includes adoption assistance, IVF and IUI
coverage, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free
Care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved
ones.*Qualified applicants are those individuals who have not
worked in a full- or part-time capacity for Geisinger Medical
Laboratories in the last 18 months.#NCHN
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified ASCP Cytotechnologist -
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Cytotechnologist, Geisinger Medical Center (Full Time) (Days), Healthcare , Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!