Patient Care Technician I - No CNA Cert Required - Night Shift
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Patient Care Technician I - No CNA Cert Required -
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Hematology/Oncology Nursing Division
Date Posted: 10/24/2023
Job ID: R-28824
Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer a Patient Care Technician I
a $1500 sign on bonus for eligible candidate, $15.25 minimum hiring
rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $3
shift differentials for evening, nights, and weekend shifts! Also
offering up to $40,000 in financial support to become a nurse!
Job DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger: -
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and---health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
Long-term disability -
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment - -
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast - - -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
earn incentives -
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones. -
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- On the job training and education -
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement -
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
Groups------------------------------------ - -
- Employee referral incentive program -Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Jennifer Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Description:
Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of clerical
duties and direct patient care activities, depending on the need of
the unit. The performance of these tasks in an efficient and timely
manner is essential to enhance the care team's ability to provide
quality care. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients
in the specific age range in their assigned clinical area.
- ---Provides patient care as directed, within the nursing
assistant scope of practice, in meeting the multidisciplinary care
plan established for each patient.
- Identifies, observes, and documents the physical needs of the
patient according to established standards. Reports ant changes in
patient condition to licensed personnel in a timely manner.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily
living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for
ongoing continuum of care. Includes patient hygiene and changing
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following
established policies and procedures.
- Accurately processes specimens and provides timely transport of
the specimen to the laboratory.
- Performs point of care patient testing and point of care
instrument maintenance and quality control.
- Assists in problem solving, trouble shooting and taking
corrective measures in care and maintenance of equipment and
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new staff and students in
a positive manner.
- Performs clerical duties for admissions, transfers, discharges,
and deaths according to standards and facilitates patient
throughput activities. Transcribes and processes orders according
to unit standard.
- Releases and confirms ordered tests to appropriate
- Coordinate's transportation of patients to multiple tests.
- Participates in obtaining and communicating electronic
information as pertinent to the nursing unit. Schedules tests,
faxes consults, etc.
- Assists in ordering supplies. Stationery items as well as floor
stock, patient needs, individual nursing supplies.
- Communicates with food services to ensure appropriate patient
- Operates, problem solves, and takes corrective measures for
clerical equipment. To include scheduling maintenance of computers,
fax machines, phones, etc.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic or unit.
- Assists with transporting non-controlled medications to and
from Pharmacy and within the unit as needed.
- Assists with transporting blood products to and from Blood Bank
as needed.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.
Position DetailsAdvanced Acute Care Hematology UnitSchedule: 8 and
12 hour night shifts, including every other weekend and
holiday.This position is a Nursing Assistant type role with
additional clerical duties. No experience required. Comprehensive
on the job training provided.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Clinical (Preferred)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Patient Care Technician I - No CNA Cert Required - Night Shift, Healthcare , Girardville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!