BAS Clinical Spec
Company: InVision Human Services
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Requisition Number 18-0033 Post Date 9/11/2018 Title BAS Clinical Spec City Reading State PA Description InVision Human Services is a non-profit organization focused in providing specialized direct support to individuals with challenging physical, intellectual, and mental disabilities. We utilize a restraint-free, person centered approach to help each of
our clients achieve their goals.
InVision HS is currently seeking a BAS Clinical Specialist for our Residential Living Program to support our continued growth in Eastern Pennsylvania.
Ensures people are supported in a manner which honors the company's mission and philosophy through the development of the customized support plan (CSP) and training of the direct support professionals in its use. Provides instruction, direction, coaching, and
support to direct care professionals of the residential program. Works collaboratively and openly as part of an interdisciplinary team with program specialists to ensure the implementation of best practices and person directed services. Monitors and evaluates
services and supports provided to the person.
Job Duties Include:
- Develops the Customized Support Plan (CSP) in conjunction with the support team and trains all direct support professionals on its use.
- Conducts a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) of behavior and its causes, and an analysis of assessment findings so that an appropriate support plan can be developed.
- Develops a Behavior Support Plan and crisis intervention plan within the statewide Incident Management system which outlines how crisis intervention support will be available, how the Supports Coordinator and other appropriate providers will be kept informed
of the precursors to the crisis, as well as the interventions that are most effective to utilize during crisis situations.
- Meets with people supported and their teams, as determined by the clinical manager. Prepares and submits corresponding paperwork to clinical manager by required deadlines.
- Coordinates the training of direct support staff on the customized support plan prior to working with the person and anytime an update is made to the document or supports being provided.
- Provides training to staff in implementation of the Customized Support Plan, fade requirements, Individualized Support Plan, positive approaches and risk management plan, dietary needs, and medical plans.
- Provides ongoing clinical consultation, training, and guidance to the direct support professionals. Ensures all team members are working towards the person's vision of a meaningful and everyday life.
Requirements Education and Experience:
- A Master's Degree or above in Social Work, Psychology, Education, or ABA from an accredited college or university OR a behavioral specialist license and a minimum of two (2) year's work experience working directly with persons with intellectual/developmental
disabilities in the areas of developing and/or implementing support plans.
- Extensive local travel. Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance and access to a vehicle (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Ability to comprehend access and utilize electronic medium and various computer programs.
- Ability to effectively present information, write reports and respond to questions from clients, families and staff.
- Up to 30% of hours will be non-traditional (i.e., evenings/weekends/early mornings)
This is a full-time, salaried position. InVision Human Services offers competitive wage rates, full medical & dental coverage, life insurance, 401k, and excellent paid time off.
InVision Human Services is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other
basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. We do not discriminate against individuals with physical or mental disabilities, disabled veterans, or veterans of the Vietnam era, and will provide equal employment opportunity for such individuals. Apply On line Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: InVision Human Services, Reading , BAS Clinical Spec, Healthcare , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!