Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital (formerly
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is Joint
Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across
a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of
Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery,
Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south
of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, Encompass Health
Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers
comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health
We Proudly Display our Gold Seal of Approval
Stroke Rehabilitation Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Brain
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation,
spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation
programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The
Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following
inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Rehab Liaison is responsible for developing census as defined
through targeted goals of the business plan and developing referral
relationships within the geographic territory with an emphasis on
face-to-face contacts. In addition, the liaison will assist with
coordination of referral to admission conversion process and
represent our company in community-related activities. In addition,
- Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory identifying
new business and potential opportunities.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and
follows up on admissions variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines, competitive
analysis, and market place trends
- Provides in-services and professional presentations for referral
sources, community groups and other organizations, regarding our
company's services, programs and outcomes.
The Rehab Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables
the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a
comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes
medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee
assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more
information on available benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation
hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4
weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of
diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury,
various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis,
osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple
trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our
patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We
utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment
interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes
database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome
reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient
Helping you become better is critical to our success - You will be
paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external
educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time
therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff;
and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in
continuing your education.
Job Code: 100147
License or Certification:
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving
record according to company policy
- Current State Professional License required
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales
experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local
healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training
requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training
purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate
Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1918147
Contact Name - External: Shenae Stanton
Contact Email - External: Shenae.Stanton@encompasshealth.com
Keywords: Encompass Health, Reading , Rehab Liaison, Healthcare , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!