Retail Associate - Gift Shop
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Retail Associate - Gift ShopLocation: Danville,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Hospitality ServicesSchedule:
RotationWork Type: Part timeDepartment: Central & Western Region
Retail Services TeamDate Posted: 10/14/2021Job ID: R-20767Job
SummaryOpens and closes the gift shop, operates the cash register,
balances daily sales, restocks merchandise, and maintains a
customer service approach at all times.Job Duties
- Collects payment for merchandise, provides change, balances
daily sales on cash report, and completes bank deposit.
- Records daily deposits in the Clinic Finance Reporting
- Prices and inventories all merchandise.
- Processes gift shop orders by telephone.
- Assists with all aspects of the Point Of Service Inventory
- Dusts and re-stocks shelves, disposes of empty boxes, stores
merchandise, vacuums, and arranges displays of merchandise.
- Performs other clerical tasks such as recording orders,
recording invoices, recording magazine inventory, verifying
merchandise received against packing slips, and processing invoices
- Inventories, restocks and bundles newspapers for pick-up by
- Arranges display case with seasonal or special theme
merchandise as assigned and assists in selection of new
- Informs management of specific customer requests, comments, and
- Maintains gift shop security at all times to minimize shrinkage
and prevent vandalism.
- Secures all doors and locks money in the safe.
- Provides directions and information to patients and
- Assists in completing merchandise inventories.Work is typically
performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job.EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)-
(Preferred)ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Customer Service
(Preferred)Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we
do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Retail Associate - Gift Shop, Hospitality & Tourism , Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!