Recruiting Assistant (Warehouse Distribution Centers)
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Warehouse Recruiting Assistant will be responsible for
assisting the Penske staffing team with finding and interviewing
warehouse candidates for various logistics roles.
In this hourly role, the recruiting assistant will primarily
support processes around candidate sourcing, application screening,
and process expediting. Source candidates using company and
external resume databases. Upon finding candidates, the staffing
assistant will contacting candidates via phone and email to inform
them of the position, conduct a brief phone screening, and direct
and assure they formally apply to the Penske job opening.
- Upon direction from a member of Penske's Staffing team, search
for new candidates matching the provided job description.
- May assist recruiter, and warehouse hiring specialist, in posting
jobs via job boards, college career sites, and state workforce
- Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske's
Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum
- May conduct brief phone screening conversations.
- May schedule candidate interviews with hiring managers
- Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides
timely responses to all applicants
- Assist in coordination and facilitate of onsite hiring events and
Meet & Greets for warehouse candidates (Travel may be required)
- May assist in providing offer letters and
initiating/communicating the background screening process for
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
Qualified candidates will have:
-Associate's degree equivalent from two-year college or technical
school; or minimum one year related experience required.
-Prior demonstrated high-touch customer service and follow-up
-Candidates with prior warehouse recruiting/ recruiting support
highly preferred, other general recruiting support will be
- Prior Taleo or other applicant tracking system experience highly
-Prior experience in mining candidate resume databases and phone
screening applicants is highly preferred.
- Bilingual, fluent English/Spanish written and verbal
communication a plus
-To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
knowledge of Word and Excel, and must be internet savvy.
-A sense of humor is helpful, as this can be a stressful job with
competing priorities at any given time
- Qualified candidates must be effective communicators who are not
afraid of the phone.
- Candidates who are highly technically savvy (internet, good with
internet data research, cell phone/text messaging, etc.) are highly
Optimal candidates will have:
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized or
centralized company environment required
- Bachelor's degree or at least 3 years of equivalent work
- Demonstrated internal customer service skills, including
troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both in-person and through
written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up
with a high volume of activity
- Ability to travel locally as needed
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize.
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Recruiting Assistant (Warehouse Distribution Centers), Human Resources , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!