Sr. Administrative Assistant - Human Resources
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Primary location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
As our Sr Administrative Assistant, you will support Total Rewards
(Compensation & Benefits) and Talent Acquisition by providing
timely, accurate, and efficient administrative support for the
functional areas or departments by using knowledge of the
organization's policies and practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Manages calendars and schedules with authority to schedule
appointments and meetings; resolves any scheduling conflicts.
- Plans and coordinates internal and external meetings, events
- Prepares confidential correspondence, presentations materials,
reports and other communications for meetings including materials
for the Board of Directors and Retirement Committee.
- Works closely with the managers under time-sensitive
- Provides pro-active budget assistance and tracks monthly
expenses; reconciles cost centers and submits monthly accruals as
- Creates purchase requisitions and manages POs via SAP
- Manages department invoices and processes goods receipts for
- Manages, updates and owns the HR contracts database in
- Creates, updates, maintains and owns the HR SharePoint
- Initiates Relocations for employees via mobility web-based
- I-9 administrator for the Lancaster Corporate campus;
coordinates I-9s for new hires/ rehires
- Assists with annual Open Enrollment as needed; updates Benefits
LookUp site with new open enrollment information
- Assists compensation team with annual performance salary
- Manages Benefits LookUp site; updates documents for entire site
- Manages travel arrangements and creates expense reports using
- Coordinates purchases using P-card and reconciles accounts at
end of each month.
- Maintains departmental databases and other electronic and paper
- Distributes and maintains various weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Collaborates with various staff and departments in coordinating
special projects which encompass research and compilation of
- Processes overnight shipments using web-based system
- Processes paperwork to move/transition/onboard employees,
including phone, cubicle/office space, network access, etc.
- Coordinates and manages document retention process for
- Always maintains highest level of confidentiality
- Screens telephone calls, e-mail and paper mail and determine
most appropriate way to handle correspondence.
- Performs other administrative duties as required
What will make you successful:
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and research skills.
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
SharePoint and other business related software.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in
handling and processing confidential information.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks and follow
through to achieve project goals.
- Ability to adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude and
strong work ethic.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the flexibility to adjust to
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced high-volume
work environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and external
- Models' commitment to the team (administrative team and
- Willingness to embrace change and continually looking for
opportunities to improve processes, functions and actions to
maximize efficiency and customer value.
- Two-year secretarial/business degree is preferred or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
- Making a positive difference in the environments and
communities we impact.
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central
Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to
major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore,
Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts
and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites,
B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven
workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Secretary, ERP, Developer, Administrative Assistant,
Administrative, Technology, Research
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Reading , Sr. Administrative Assistant - Human Resources, Human Resources , Columbia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!