Corporate Recruiter (Penske Truck Leasing and Transportation Solutions)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Our Penske Corporate Recruiter will manage the full life cycle
recruiting process, including sourcing, identifying, and selection
of top talent, as well as creating a positive candidate experience.
This position will support Penske's corporate operations and
recruit for roles across multiple corporate functions, including
finance, legal, real estate, corporate maintenance, operational
excellence, safety, training, marketing, sales, HR, etc.
We are seeking a highly responsive, customer-focused individual
with strong time management and organizational skills to manage a
high volume of exempt-level positions, including management-level
roles. This individual will need to execute at a high level, work
with a sense of urgency, and think creatively to attract talent by
taking the initiative, showing motivation, and thinking
strategically. This position will require the proactive
identification of active and passive talent through the flawless
execution of our process.
This will be a full-time position based out of our corporate
headquarters in Reading, PA, reporting to a Staffing Manager with a
strong partnership to the Corporate Human Resources Managers/HR
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of recruiting
experience supporting similar corporate and exempt level roles and
possess significant experience with direct sourcing. All recruiter
candidates must be self-motivated and self-sufficient and have
demonstrated expertise in developing creative solutions to solve
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Rd, Reading, PA 19607
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational
partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met
through the creation of staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing
needs and requirements, conducting intake/scoping calls and
providing process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings,
including the use of direct sourcing techniques and social
- Develops and maintains relationships with schools, colleges,
alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations to
find and attract applicants. Ensures connections with local
community organizations to promote Penske employment near corporate
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career
fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates,
updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active
candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks
- Oversee and manage relationships with professional search firms
to support niche-staffing needs. This includes ensuring proper
contracting is executed and overseeing efficient and effective
activity on behalf of your internal customer groups.
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to
ensure polices and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting
strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all
phases of recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting
features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports,
candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized, or
centralized company environment required
- Prior exempt level role recruiting required, preferred experience
in niche position recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent
work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills,
including troubleshoot and problem-solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through
written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers,
managers, and leadership.
- Proficient use of enterprise applicant tracking systems and
various sourcing strategies, techniques, and social media
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up
with a high volume of activity
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize.
- Previous experience in managing relationships with staffing and
third-party search firms preferred
- Willingness to travel, up to 10-15% to various locations by car,
plane or train overnight, as required or directed by area
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Corporate Recruiter (Penske Truck Leasing and Transportation Solutions), Human Resources , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!