Posted on: September 25, 2022
HR Generalist (**Job Number:** 2206676 )
The Human Resources Representative provides dedicated support to
our corporate departments and is responsible for performing
professional human resources work in a variety of concentrations,
including associate relations, staffing, training and development,
and special projects. This position will work closely with
Leadership in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates
are in the right jobs and are fully engaged and properly developed
to provide sustained business success. Additionally, the HR
Representative will provide metrics to our corporate departments to
help them identify opportunities and develop strategies.
**Work Location:** Penske's Green Hills Corporate office located
at: 2675 Morgantown Rd., Reading PA 19607
* Provide Human Resources support to Corporate Departments in the
following areas of concentration:
* Associate Relations: Advise associates and management on
interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and
procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with HR
Leadership and Legal Counsel to resolve.
* Recruiting: Support department in its recruiting efforts by
collaborating with managers and corporate recruiter. Anticipate
staffing needs and work proactively to develop a staffing
* Learning and Development: Facilitate New Associate Orientation
for corporate associates, lead trainings for departments as needed
and support the company's organizational development strategy by
coaching and advising managers on the career development process,
performance management and succession planning.
* Engagement: Advise department managers on strategy and activities
that will promote a positive working environment and will develop
managers' skills to reward and recognize and create a culture of
* Diversity and Inclusion: Ensure that corporate managers foster an
inclusive work environment. Promote diversity awareness training.
Utilize and encourage the use of a diversity lens when sourcing and
selecting candidates for open positions.
* Compliance: Responsible for compliance of HR related matters in
corporate departments (e.g. I-9s, required training
* Special Assignments and tasks as assigned including:
- Supporting the onboarding program as needed
- Administration of Associate Discounts
- Coordinating the Corporate Internship program
- Coordinating HR department-sponsored events, such as: Veteran's
Day Recognition Event, Bring your Child to Work Day, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or
a related field preferred
* 2 years of Human Resources generalist experience required.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation
* Skill in operation of variety of computer software programs,
including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to interpret Human Resources policies, procedures and
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
* Ability to collect, compile and analyze information and data.
* Project management experience, high-level organizational skills
and experience working with outside vendors.
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
* Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**About Penske Truck Leasing**
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
**Work Locations** :
100 Gundy Drive
100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
**Primary Location** : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
**Job** : Human Resources
**Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):** : PTL.Human
**Req ID:** 2206676
Keywords: Penske, Reading , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!