Company: InVision Human Services
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Requisition Number 19-0007 Post Date 1/28/2019 Title Trainer Work Hours 9am-5pm City Reading State PA Description Conducts scheduled trainings 3-5 times weekly. Revises and develops current and new trainings in collaboration with the Training and Referral Manager that are aligned with the company's mission of passionately delivering person driven services to people
with disabilities in pursuit of their life visions. This position assists in the education and preparation of ICS employees to fulfill their job duties at the highest quality standards.
- Demonstrates professionalism, dignity, and respect towards individuals supported, co-workers, management, and other associates both within the organization and outside the company.
- Assists in the development, identification, and revision of trainings in collaboration with the Training and Referral Manager.
- Ensures training programs are developed to represent the company's philosophical approach to service delivery.
- Conducts engaging, effective training for all curriculum offered by InVision including but not limited to, CPR/first aid, medication administration, staff effectiveness/personal emergency interventions, and positive approaches.
- Upon request, collaborates with program staff to provide customized, in-house trainings, as necessary.
- Maintains trainer certifications in all areas where certifications are required
- Develops training schedules to ensure the training needs of employees working within various departments and various schedules are met.
- Attends external trainings, workshops and conferences to maintain and enhance knowledge of optimal training techniques and to obtain knowledge for the development of new internal trainings
- Biannually, collaboratively with training and referral managers and other training coordinators across the state, reviews and updates training materials
- Serves as the organization's lead for reviewing and ensuring compliance with medication administration requirements.
- Reviews trainer evaluations, accepts feedback and adjusts training style as needed to ensure excellent trainee experience
- Schedules, coordinates, and provides training during all staff, team and house meetings as requested to meet specific programmatic needs.
Requirements High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. At least two years of experience working in the field of social services and one year training or public speaking experience required. Experience working with people with intellectual
and developmental disabilities is strongly preferred.
- Minimal overnight travel within Pennsylvania to attend conferences or meetings, as well as cross-regional training needs
- Schedule will include non-traditional hours equating to at least one weekend and five evenings every month; additional non-traditional hours during evenings and weekends may be required based on company need, otherwise the schedule is M-F, 9am-5pm
- Ability to comprehend access and utilize electronic medium and various computer programs. MS Office Suite & MS Outlook at minimum.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
InVision Human Services is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other
basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. We do not discriminate against individuals with physical or mental disabilities, disabled veterans, or veterans of the Vietnam era, and will provide equal employment opportunity for such individuals.
Apply On line Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: InVision Human Services, Reading , Trainer, Human Resources , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!