Posted on: November 11, 2019
Why join Penske as a Recruiter for the Driver Hiring Center (DHC),
you ask? It's simple. You will be the "voice" of Penske - the
person greeting our driver candidates via phone and sending them
off with a smile. This exciting role will work in our hiring center
at our corporate offices in Reading, PA and remotely support
operations across the United States and Canada. You will work as a
part of a team who is committed to ensuring a high-touch, personal
approach with driver candidates.
In this role, you will have responsibility for sourcing,
interviewing, and scheduling (clinical services and road tests) as
well as making hiring decisions and extending job offers within a
complete life-cycle recruiting process. You will interact with
candidates and our field operations managers via phone and
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about discussing
driving careers and building relationships over the phone, have
high energy and a positive attitude, and who have an attention to
detail and capacity to deliver results. In this role you will need
to be proficient in the use of technology, being able to capture
candidate information via phone while managing multiple screen
Candidates for this position can expect to work a standard schedule
between 12:00pm-9:00pm Monday through Friday, as well as occasional
Saturday shift 8:00am-4:30pm, with a day off during the week when a
Saturday is worked.
Driver Lead Sourcing and Management:
• Actively source and manage driver leads via inbound and outbound
calls, e-mail, social media, resume and other internet databases,
and associate referrals.
• After qualifying driver candidates, you will present them the
total value proposition and benefits of working with Penske, and
discuss the details of Available driver opportunities.
• You will accurately capture and manage driver information in our
lead capture system, Salesforce.com.
• For driver leads that may not currently meet our requirements or
have interest in current openings, you will use our systems and
processes to keep them engaged for the future.
Application Completion and Candidate Management:
• Take phone applications from qualified driver leads, accurately
capturing their information into Penske's application systems.
• Ensure all applications are fully complete and accurate per
company and DOT requirements.
• Manage candidates in our application system, Taleo Enterprise, in
accordance with all company procedures.
Phone Screening and Selection:
• Conduct phone and/or video interviews with qualified candidates,
utilizing Penske's selection process and tools as directed.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that all candidates meet
• The hiring decisions you make have a direct impact on our
business operations and external customer success.
Recruiting Administration and Coordination:
• Manage a timely candidate process within Penske's expected
• Expediting and ensuring all new leads, candidate follow-up, and
internal customer follow-up are executed with priority. Return all
messages before leaving work each day.
• Manage the candidate processes such as ordering driving records
and initiating background screening services through a
• Scheduling drug screening/physicals for candidates with approved
clinics and notifying providers. Schedule road tests and manager
introductions with our location managers and other operations
• Ensure compliance with all federal/state hiring laws and
• Actively demonstrate company commitment to diversity and
inclusion strategies to ensure strong, diverse candidate
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
• At least 2 years of prior work experience in one of the following
-Part of a recruiting function.
-In a call center where you were responsible for making
-In a customer facing retail environment where you were responsible
for making decisions.
-In a role where you managed or hired truck drivers.
• Experience interviewing and hiring highly preferred.
• Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as
including Microsoft Office, sales or contact information software,
internet search, and social media required.
• Ability to listen, type, and accurately capture information
• Prior responsibility for accurately following processes and
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant work
• Knowledge of transportation industry and/or prior driver
recruiting experience is a plus.
• Bilingual Spanish or French-Canadian preferred
• Ability to interact, in a professional manner with applicants,
drivers and other employees
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with keen
attention to detail for documenting/record keeping
• Multitasking is necessary, as is the ability to plan and organize
workload. Must be flexible to handle pressure and work with
• Ability to work independently; show initiative, and be a
• Ability to learn new programs quickly is preferred.
• Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with defined
• Willing to work flexible non-traditional hours (evenings and
weekends) is required.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Driver Recruiter, Transportation Recruiter, CDL
Recruiter, Recruiting Assistant, Recruiting Coordinator, Recruiter,
Talent Acquisition Specialist, CDL, Dispatch
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Recruiter, Human Resources , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!