Medical Technologist Technical Expert (Full Time) (Evenings) SIGN ON INCENTIVE
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Medical Technologist Technical Expert (Full Time)
(Evenings) SIGN ON INCENTIVE
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Medical Technologist
Work Type: Full time
Department: Automated Testing Laboratory Team
Date Posted: 09/29/2021
Job ID: R-20240
Job Summary$12,500 SIGN ON INCENTIVE FOR QUALIFIED
APPLICANTS!Performs and reports various analyses from multiple
specimen sources. Performs duties to provide the highest level of
patient care and maximize patient satisfaction. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age
range on their assigned clinical area.
- Maintains an expected level of productivity.
- Manages multiple work processes efficiently.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Handles specimens properly.
- Confirms identification and specimen suitability.
- Uses appropriate accessioning procedures.
- Recognizes discrepancies on patient orders.
- Resolves and reports problems and solutions as
- Performs and records instrument maintenance, troubleshooting,
and quality control.
- Replenishes reagents and supplies according to established
- Follows established reporting procedures, computerized, verbal,
and manual as appropriate.
- Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as needed
for job functionality.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in educational activities to maintain current
knowledge in the field.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency
exams required.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures.The specific statements in this profile are not intended
to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered
necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies
and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be
considered essential to the performance of the job related to that
EducationBachelor's Degree-Medical Technology (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 4 years-Laboratory (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Valid Driver's License - Default
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Medical Technologist Technical Expert (Full Time) (Evenings) SIGN ON INCENTIVE, IT / Software / Systems , Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!