Senior Accountant - Technical (Hybrid)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Penske Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting position has
responsibility for performing research and analysis, reviewing
transactions and disclosures, evaluating controls, and documenting
policies. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide
expertise and accounting support to process owners throughout
Controllership as well as other departments within Finance.
Work location: 2675 Morgantown Rd., Reading PA 19607
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm, Hybrid schedule 3 days
onsite and 2 days remote
• Research, analyze, and document conclusions, in accordance with
authoritative accounting literature, on significant accounting and
• Review accounting transactions and disclosures for compliance
with U.S. GAAP and other regulations.
• Develop and review processes to ensure efficient and effective
internal controls are maintained.
• Update accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance
with U.S. GAAP.
• Monitor FASB/SEC activities and the financial disclosures of peer
• Support special projects as assigned by the manager.
• At least 3 years experience in the field of accounting is
• Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
• CPA is preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access,
and PowerPoint is required.
• Experience with AS400 and/or OneStream XF is preferred.
• Strong communication skills are required.
• Regular, predictable, and full attendance is an essential
function of the job. Associates are currently permitted to work
remotely up to two days per week.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to read, communicate verbally
and/or in written form, remember and analyze certain information,
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Senior Accountant - Technical (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!