Parent Educator ($750 Hiring Bonus!)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Are you interested in working with a company that values people
and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an
organization that cares about your personal and professional
growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you
should consider working for Raystown Developmental Services!Are you
interested in working with a company that values people and has a
passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization
that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have
answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working
for Raystown Developmental Services!About Us:Raystown Developmental
Services (RDS) has been serving the counties of Huntingdon,
Mifflin, and Juniata since 1983. RDS provides a vast array of
services to Adults with intellectual disabilities. Our Residential
Program serves individuals with intellectual disabilities who
reside in group homes. Staff assist individuals to maximize choice,
daily living skills and community integration. RDS also provides
day program services at our Adult Training Facility where
individuals focus on skill building and community integration. In
addition, RDS facilitates Home & Community based services to help
assist individuals with intellectual disabilities to help increase
their independence and personal skills in their home and to access
their community.About Your Role:A person in this position is
responsible for providing parenting education services to parents
in their homes, community, and group settings. Expected pay rate
for this position is $17-$19 per hour, depending on experience;
this position also comes with a $750 hiring bonus! $250 is paid out
at 90 days, and $500 is paid out at 180 daysEssential Duties and
- Initiate contact with individual parent within five days of
- Conduct approved assessment tools and developed individualized
lesson plans for each parent within first 30 days of service.
- Sessions should be scheduled and completed a minimum of weekly
or bi-weekly based on supervisor, referral source, and family
- Provide monthly written updates to referral source. Attend and
participate in monthly case review meetings.
- Observe interactions between parents and children when
possible, based on supervisor and referral source
- Prepare and complete required documentation, including case
notes, in compliance with regulations, company standards and the
policy and procedure manual.
- Complete case notes of interaction with family within the time
frame based on casenote policy.
- Maintain adequate program materials required for each
- Effectively communicate with supervisors/managers, individuals,
family members, referral source, and other interested parties.Other
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend 24 hours of job specific training per year.
- Complete all corporate required online trainings.
- Maintain and update required online calendar.
- Complete both internal and external surveys based upon
individual program policy and procedures.
- Maintain good working relationships with private and
- There are no supervisory responsibilities required in this
- The duties of this job require fine motor skills to write neat,
legible notes, read and understand program documentation, and
completing keyboarding entry.
- The duties of this job involve physical movements such as
lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and
reaching: The physical demands described herein are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Work Environment:
- The work environment varies and is largely community based and
can vary from office settings to facility based settings and at
times residential homes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Adhere to dress code outlined in the policy and procedure
- This position requires an extensive amount of travel throughout
northeast and/or central Pennsylvania, primarily in Huntingdon and
- Position requires a valid Pennsylvania license.
- Position requires staff to drive and transport clients in both
agencies owned and personal vehicles.
- Properly load and unload individuals to/from vehicles.
- Follow vehicle safety guidelines, as defined by state
regulation and company policy, at all times.Required Education and
Experience:Bachelor's Degree in related field (dependent on county
contract) or High School diploma/General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
with one to three years related experience / training in working
with children and families.Qualifications:
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or
- Ability to clearly explain instructions in both written and
- Mathematical Skills:
- Basic mathematic ability including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. Use of MS Excel to aid in
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to read instructional bulletins and/or participate in
training sessions then translate information provided into
day-to-day work duties.Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Recognizes problems and provides feedback or documentation to
assist with problem resolution.
- Clearly and consistently verbally communicates priorities.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Documentation and observation skills.
- Ability to follow established confidentiality policy.
- Ability to follow established safety standards.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations.Perks of Working
Full-Time at Raystown Developmental Services:
- Competitive Wage/Salary
- Paid Vacation Days (1st year 10 days, increases with
- Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 7 Paid Holidays (including Day after Thanksgiving)
- 3 Personal Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account or
- Health and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or
- 401K Plan
- Opportunities for advancement in our local and national
company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance,
Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event
discounts)If you're #readytowork PATHWAYS PA is #readytohire!Not
the job you're looking for? Pathways has a variety of positions in
various locations; please go to click on "Apply Here" icon in the
upper right-hand corner and click on the location near you from the
drop-down menu.Raystown Developmental Services is an equal
opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any
other protected characteristicWe are an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Pathways, Reading , Parent Educator ($750 Hiring Bonus!), IT / Software / Systems , Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!