z/OS Systems Programmer
Company: Boscovs Department Store, LLC
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Boscov's Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer Responsibilities:
- Create, modify and maintain the z/OS environment by planning
hardware acquisitions and upgrades, operating system and subsystem
upgrades and third party product installations and upgrades.
Hardware consists of z14, DS8910 and TS7760.
- Assist applications programmers and DBA's in development
efforts and during troubleshooting situations.
- Provide 24x7 support of Application Developers, DBA's and
- Maintain an already established Disaster Recovery Plan and
participate in bi-annual exercises.
- Ensure compliance to all relative security policies and
- Must have at least 10-15 years of extensive z/OS experience
(RACF, SMS, HSM, ICSF, SMP/E, TCPIP, VIPA) and familiarity with
subsystems (Sysplex, Communications Server, CICS, DB2 and
- Exposure to zSecure, ASG products (Zeke, Zebb, Zara, TMONCICS,
TMONMVS) and BMC (Control-D and Control-O) is beneficial.
- Strong REXX skills, z/OSMF familiarity, and an automation
mindset are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS),
computer science, information systems, or information
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Benefits: We
believe in taking care of our co-workers to the best of our
ability, and that's why we provide a competitive compensation and
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental
- Weekly Pay
- Paid vacations and personal days
- Liberal employee discount
- Opportunity for advancement
- Much More! Work where people love to shop! Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Boscovs Department Store, LLC, Reading , z/OS Systems Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...