Lead Plastics Machine Operator
Location: Chester Springs
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job DescriptionMiTek® is a global provider of building solutions
for the residential and commercial construction industries.
Utilizing software, services, engineered products, and automated
manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate
their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich
60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide,
MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
at www.mii.com . SummaryMiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire
Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art,
engineered connector products, engineering services, and
computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We
provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most
innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and
services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are
dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.POSITION
SUMMARYResponsibilities include but are not limited to: set up and
operate plastics production machines. Duties include supplying or
holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and
equipment.Job Responsibilities & Requirements ESSENTIAL
- Start machines or equipment in order to begin production
- Operate machinery used in the production process following
company safety guidelines and policies.
- Maintain equipment operations, addressing any failures or
malfunctions with corrective actions.
- Prepare raw materials for processing.
- Examine finished products to verify conformance to quality
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items,
manually or using hoists.
- Verify counts on finished products to determine if product
orders are complete; mark or tag identification on parts; load and
unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Record information such as the number of products tested,
production readings, and dates and times of product
- Separate products according to weight, grade, size, and
composition of materials used to produce them.
- Separate defective products for reprocessing.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further
processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Remove products, machine attachments, and waste material from
- Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment
between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or
using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
- Read gauges and charts, and record data obtained
- Clean and maintain work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles,
- Attendance during work regular work hours and overtime as
required, approved by manager.
- Assist with other areas in the shop/office/warehouse as needed
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Machine operator experience of some type or has been trained on
specific machine processes. Plastics machine operator experience a
plus. Other Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs. MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and
Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer; and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender
status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family
medical history), veteran status, or any other protected
characteristic. For accommodation to assist with completing this
application, please contact Human Resources at +1
Keywords: MiTek, Reading , Lead Plastics Machine Operator, Other , Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!