COOK III - THE CIRCULAR (PM SHIFT)
Company: Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Posted on: April 9, 2021
"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this
position is 3/25/21 through 4/1/21."
This position is the middle level in a professional kitchen with
two positions below, and two above. The culinarian should have
superior knowledge, understanding, and application of knife skills
and cooking techniques. This position should be able to control
inventories, requisitions, and par levels. The Cook III must be
able to take a role in helping in the direction, and training of
lower cooks in daily task. The Cook III must be able to work all
stations in their designated area for all meal periods, have solid
understanding of other cooking areas, and be able to proficiently.
The Cook III needs to possess a positive attitude with a
professional appearance and demeanor.
- Produce foods/meals/large volumes of prep work consistently
with little to no direct supervision with little difficulty, while
maintaining quality standards in any area of the Hotel culinary
- Exhibits a superior knowledge, understanding and application of
knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe
keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary station/work area in
accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
- Take a leadership role in assisting, training and directing
culinary interns, and all lower classification cook's in daily
tasks and organization.
- Able to work all stations in your designated area, on all
shifts to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot
Line, Banquets, etc.
- Be able to control inventories, requisitions, and par
- Review all prep lists in regards to food and labor costs.
- Assist Sous Chef and Chefs in developing and writing new menu
ideas and recipes.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include
nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep
lists, etc.Basic Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 4 years culinary experience OR a degree or
certificate from a Culinary Institution plus 2 years culinary
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and
possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math
- Must take a leadership role in assisting, training and
directing culinary interns, and all lower classification cook's in
daily tasks and organization.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Proficient with a minimum of three cuisines. Examples may
include but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American,
- Competent in advanced ability in meat, poultry and fish
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 4 courses in
- Complete a 25 question written cooking exam, covering modern
fundamentals and classic cooking techniques with a score of
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Reaching Forward Constant (> 67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (
- Finger Dexterity Constant (> 67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (> 67%)
- Stooping Occasional (
- Bending Occasional (
- Standing Constant (> 67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow
motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and
among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness,
pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between
and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on
union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled
requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, Reading , COOK III - THE CIRCULAR (PM SHIFT), Other , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!