LPN Lead, Allergy/Immunology
Posted on: June 10, 2021
In addition to providing professional nursing care, also Leads the
Diabetes clinic flow team (if applicable). Responsible for
providing professional nursing care to office patients under
supervision of patient care providers. Trains staff, coordinates
work requirements, and provides input to employment decisions.
- Assess patient's general condition and takes vital signs and
- Train and mentors LPNs and MAs.
- Provide input for LPN/MA performance review and conducts review
in conjunction with the clinical coordinator.
- Administer IV fluids under the direction of an RN.
- Document all activities/interventions, patient/family
responses, medication dispensed and prescribed, etc., in the
- Order all clinical supplies.
- Phlebotomy and endocrine testing as ordered.
- Maintain Strict confidentiality related to medical records and
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies
(i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Administer medications including oral, SQ, IM under the
direction of an RN.
- Ensure proper staffing of the clinic at all times.
- Perform IV therapy under direction of Registered Nurse.
- Represent the concerns/issues of the clinic flow staff.
- Provide input for hiring decisions.
- Assist physicians with examinations, diagnostic procedures and
- Assign clinic staff to support the physicians and physician
extenders on a daily basis.
- Promote wellness by providing patient education materials,
communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Assign physicians to exam rooms/pods on a daily basis.
- Work with the clinical manager on resolution of clinic
Graduate of an approved LPN school of
nursing. Minimum of 3 years clinical experience required.
Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability. Must be able to
perform all duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse in the unit. Must
have in-depth knowledge of department and system-wide policies and
procedures in order to function as a resource to others.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic
and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Basic Life Support
(BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Reading , LPN Lead, Allergy/Immunology, Other , Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!