Electrical Technician - West Hershey Plant
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position requires Industrial Electrical/PLC experience in
the food Industry with the knowledge of motors, industrial wiring,
electro-mechanical drives, PLC application software/hardware and
servo motion control applications.
This position also requires excellent trouble shooting and
communication skills as well as the ability to effectively
participate in a team-oriented work environment.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic
wiring, equipment, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and
- Diagnose malfunctioning system, apparatus, and components using
test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown
and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to
identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair,
and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical system and continuity of circuits in electrical
wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices such
ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility
and safety of system.
- Accept full responsibility for all safety procedures as stated
in the JSA (Job Safety Analysis)
- Demonstrate self-motivational drive in learning new
technologies as they apply
- Communicate appropriately with the operators, mechanics, other
electricians, engineers, supervisors and Plant leadership
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records
and files, Understand and help maintain work orders, preventative
maintenance system and n SAP
- Work from ladders and lifts to install, maintain or repair
electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics
- Demonstrate the initiative to investigate and offer
improvements to our plant operation
- Service, clean, and inspect equipment periodically following
established PMs (Preventative Maintenance)
- Safely operate mobile equipment such as fork trucks, hand
trucks, lifts, boom lifts etc.
- Utilize problem solving techniques in interacting with other
employees in resolving issues
- Adhere to LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) procedure
- Have a basic understanding of belts, belt drives, chain drives,
gear boxes, and conveyors
- Create notifications and follow up on repairs.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to change PM (Preventative
Maintenance) schedule or contents
- Make up a bill of materials as required
- Read and interpret written description or engineering blue
- PM and trouble shoot Motoman and ABB Robots.
- Learn and work with programs like Panelview, Factory Talk, RS
- Direct and train others to install, maintain, or repair
electrical wiring, equipment. Be able to provide expert
knowledge and guidance to other employees in your field.
- Follow all safety requirements including but not limited to
Adhere to SDS (Safety Data Sheet), LOTO, Confined Space, Fall
protection, Electrical Flash NFPA 70-E etc.
- Follow all Food Manufacturing rules and regulations
including but not limited to Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP’s) and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Demonstrate Hershey values
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Maintain Good Housekeeping skills
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy
of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an
individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion,
citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: HersheyCareers, Reading , Electrical Technician - West Hershey Plant, Other , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!