Business Analyst 1 - Outpatient Applications
Company: Select Medical Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of
specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 50,000
employees operates or supports 102 hospitals specializing in
long-term acute care, 35 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more
than 2,100 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational
therapy. In addition, Select Medical offers urgent care at close to
500 locations through our Concentra brand. It also offers physical
therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools,
colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM)
was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
For more information, visit selectmedical.com.
The Business Analyst 1 is responsible for delivering quality
customer service. The Business Analyst is viewed as a subject
matter expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines.
The areas of responsibilities include completion of assigned tasks
to integrate acquisitions, implement application software, and
maintain existing applications.
In addition, the role will hold the following
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for system
processes and procedures
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and
recommend cost efficient techniques
- Identify and lead analysis to overcome potential areas where
design, policies and procedures require change, or where new ones
need to be developed, especially regarding future business
- Document and submit recommendations as appropriate
- Coordinate and complete testing of upgrades and fixes within
defined deadlines with application teams and business
- Coordinate and communicate with other IS resources who are
assigned to support application issues and project tasks
- Work with vendors on application issues and act a liaison
between users and vendors to develop requests for additional
application enhancements, reports and/or features
- Develop, manage and collaborate on standard practices and
- Leverage technology to help reduce manual tasks and continually
improve on the company's requirements process
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with all relevant
- Become a mentor to other business specialists and analysts
- Manages, reviews and prioritizes project work plans in
coordination with Project Manager/Scrum Master to assure alignment
on schedule, resources and deliverables
- Collaborates with Project Manager to resolve issues and
escalates unresolved issues as needed
- Ensure that all issues are logged, accurate and up to date with
detailed information, record problem symptoms and status
information in a timely fashion
- As needed, meet with other IS departments to maintain proper
communication channels related to support
- Coordinate implementation of changes that have impact to
support to ensure changes and impacts are communicated to staff and
the user community
- Assume responsibility for assuring the knowledge base is
maintained with current and accurate information
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of Experience in Business analysis.
- 2 or more years of experience providing successful integration
and/or implementation of software applications
- Experience in definition and documentation of requirements for
system processes and procedures.
- The ability to gather information from other project team
members as necessary and report/conduct status meetings and provide
documentation on the tasks and issues on a regular basis to project
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing
- Demonstrated active listening skills and history handling human
interactions and experiences.
- Willingness to periodically travel
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
- This position has a flexible remote work structure.
Keywords: Select Medical Corporation, Reading , Business Analyst 1 - Outpatient Applications, Other , Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!