Perfusionist, Wellspan Health (Lebanon/York, PA)
Company: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Are you a Perfusionist looking for a great opportunity to work
in a community hospital? Are you in the New York, Baltimore or
Philadelphia area, interested in nearby hospital with a great
reputation? This is the role for you! As assigned, a perfusionist
performs, under the supervision of a licensed physician and
according to prescribed procedures, those functions necessary for
the support and treatment of the cardiopulmonary system of a
patient. A perfusionist performs advanced technical work in the
selection, preparation, operation, and maintenance of the
heart/lung machine and accessory equipment. The work area is
primarily the operating room but the possibility exists for working
throughout the hospital.
- Maintain proficiency with accessory equipment and
- Perform duties and responsibilities according to the philosophy
and standards of UPMC including conveying courtesy, respect,
enthusiasm, and positive attitude in work situations with patients,
peers, medical staff, and visitors.
- Administer medications, blood components, and anesthetic agents
under the supervision by the attending physicians.
- Perform equipment maintenance checklists as required.
- Support Procirca contractual obligations.
- Provide perfusion support for non-cardiac procedures such as:
transplantation, chemoperfusion, ECMO, cardiac support devices,
component therapy, and blood recovery.
- Assist in the evaluation of new equipment.
- If employed at UPMC facility, serve as instructor/supervisor to
UPMC School of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Participate in on-call schedule per institutional policy.
- Safely conduct perfusion scope of practice.
- Make appropriate changes in therapy after consultation with the
- Perform responsibilities outside the home-base hospital.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Perform documentation associated with described
- If employed at UPMC facility, participate with coverage and
call for STAT MedEvac responsibilities.
- Able to travel 25% of the time.
- Support continuing education and research as required by the
perfusionist's scope of practice.
- Instruct students, residents and others in new procedures and
- Participate as assigned with the ordering and maintenance of
- Participate with development and revision of: policy and
procedure, performance improvement, quality management, and staff
- Assists other staff members and hospital personnel in
completion of needed tasks; and makes patient care and/or
interdepartmental service the number one priority.
- Graduation from a CAAHEP accredited school of cardiovascular
perfusion or met Grandfather Clause of the American Board of
Cardiovascular Perfusion and Licensing Board of US state where
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Certified or certification-eligible as per guidelines of the
American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Certification by the
American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion within 24 months of hire
date.Active licensure in US state where practicing required.CPR
required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and
skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
American Board Cardiovascular Perfusionist Automotive Insurance
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Cardiopulmonary Perfusionist Cardiopulmonary Perfusionist OR
Osteopathic Perfusionist OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Driver's License
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Reading , Perfusionist, Wellspan Health (Lebanon/York, PA), Other , Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!