Sr Research Scientist Agile Innovation
Company: The Hershey Company
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Residing at The Hershey Company's Technical Center, this
position involves a unique opportunity to work within the Research
and Development department. This group is responsible for
developing innovative new products for The Hershey Company.
The successful candidate for this position will be a major
contributor to achieve company goals and create new growth vectors
for the company within the Strategic Growth Platforms portfolio.
This individual will independently lead large and complex projects
from development through small scale production for in-market
testing. The individual will provide input to set priorities and
contribute to strategic direction for new product innovation
programs. Specifically, this candidate will lead complex projects,
and apply in-depth knowledge of product development and
commercialization. The individual will provide guidance in a cross
functional setting, working closely with business partners in
Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality, to determine
project goals and timetables, execute the projects, resolve
resource allocation and timing issues and ensure that business
objectives are achieved.
The successful candidate will report to the group's Manager and
work with other senior management to manage the project portfolio
and successfully execute the initiatives.
Summary of major duties:
- Lead product development of innovative new products focused on
Strategic Growth Platforms. These areas include formulation
development, ingredient development and product transformation
- Perform prototyping and development from bench top to pilot
plant to full manufacturing scale for small scale product for
- Interact closely with a cross functional group of technical,
professional, and managerial staff of R&D, Production,
Engineering, and Marketing.
- Partner with the Technology Development group to identify
technology, ingredient, and process development needs to deliver
new product formulations.
- Understand the business impact of the projects.
- Apply technical rigor and scientific principles and
- Provide input for technical feasibility for new product
- Provide oversight and leadership of small-scale manufacturing
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully
perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Demonstrated experience in confection and chocolate process
platforms (moulding, enrobing, panning).
- Preferred experience in baked product formulation and
- Strong knowledge of various technical disciplines (Sensory,
Research, Engineering and Packaging)
- Understanding of the impact of the key processing parameters in
the conversion of raw ingredient and in-process material to
finished product and critical for the day-to-day operation of a
- Demonstrated Influencing Skills
- Proven administrative ability, decision-making skills,
financial understanding, business integration skills and technical
- Demonstrated problem solving and evaluation capabilities
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open to and comfortable with change.
- The candidate must be able to work independently, and as part
of a team in a fast-paced, growth-oriented business.
- Approximately 20% travel required, primarily within the US,
including periodic work located at our Semiworks facility in York,
- Ability to provide technical presentations and project updates
to senior leadership
- Understanding and competency in Product Data Management (PDM),
including searching recipes and specs, entering new experimental,
general and plant recipes and specs, business workflow and
completion of workflow tasks
- Hands-on skills involving running laboratory, pilot plant and
production equipment is desired.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education & Experience: B.S. Degree in Food Science, Chemical,
Food Engineering w / minimum 5 years experience
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy
of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an
individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion,
citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: The Hershey Company, Reading , Sr Research Scientist Agile Innovation, Other , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!