Business Intelligence Engineer
Company: Select Medical Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or
in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business
arrangements at this time.*
The Business Intelligence Administrator is responsible for the
delivery of end to end business intelligence solutions that support
and enhance the financial, clinical, and quality outcomes of the
organization. The role requires a passion for data and technology,
thorough understanding of monitoring/maintaining applications in a
complex BI environment, excellent communication skills,
understanding of business processes, knowledge of best practices,
and the ability to provide quality actionable business intelligence
using industry standard tools in a rapidly growing
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive
information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
- Acquire a deep understanding of source systems, knowledge of
business processes, and thorough business unit knowledge through
the interaction with subject matter experts, developers,
architects, business leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert on the organizations BI systems,
processes, and reporting solutions in order to facilitate
streamlined development and growth within the BI environment
- Organize and plan all facets of application upgrades within the
- Continuously monitor, tune and develop best practices around
maximizing existing applications under the BI umbrella
- Develop ETL code, including but not limited to Oracle Data
Integrator (ODI) packages, SSIS Packages, PLSQL packages, and
scripts that take advantage of incremental loading methodologies
like change data capture (CDC)
- Perform unit, integration, performance, and regression
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Work with peers, SMEs and other stakeholders to ensure that the
final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required
- Provide insights, recommendations and strategies to enhance the
operational delivery of BI solutions, and technical direction
Candidate will have a strong background in business
intelligence, data management technologies, and industry best
practices. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess
the following work experiences:
- 2+ years of ETL experience.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing data integration tools like
ODI, SSIS, or Informatica.
- 2+ years of experience working on an RDBMS like Oracle or SQL
- Oracle Data Modeler or PowerDesigner is a plus.
- Big Data experience is a plus (structured or unstructured)
- Previous software development experience is a plus
- Master Data Management experience is a plus
- Proficient in SQL and PLSQL
- Proficient in data warehousing concepts
- Proficient in ETL design concepts including Change Data Capture
(CDC) and Slowly Changing Dimensions( SCD)
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise business intelligence
platform like MicroStrategy, Tableau or Business Objects
- Strong knowledge around the installation, configuration &
integration of stand-alone applications in a large enterprise
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Medical Corporation, Reading , Business Intelligence Engineer, Other , Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!