Great Bonus Potential
Room for Advancement
The Restaurant General Manager (RGM) provides overall leadership
and direct supervision of operations in an individual restaurant to
ensure that the restaurant meets or exceeds its annual operating
plan. Focal points include:
- Driving excellence in customer service
- Maintaining company standards in product and facility
- Supervising food handling procedures and operational
- Exercising financial control to meet the restaurant profit
- Selecting, training, developing and motivating employees
The RGM directly performs hands-on operational work (as
necessary) to train employees, responds to customer service needs
or otherwise role model appropriate skills and behavior in the
Customer Satisfaction/Product Quality
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations and
ensures products are consistent with company quality
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as role model in
resolving customer issues and training managers and crew to meet or
exceed customer service standards.
- Tracks, analyzes and resolves sources of customer
- Ensure that food safety standards are met.
- Develops and drives restaurant annual operating plan.
- Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a
continual basis and takes corrective action to meet or achieve
margin and sales growth targets.
- Trains and mentors subordinates on financial analyses and
profitability tips for the restaurant.
- Develops store CAPEX requests and is the principle interface
with all vendors.
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to Company
- Monitors inventory, food preparation and order fulfillment on a
daily basis to ensure adherence to Company standards
- Establishes restaurant speed with service (SWS) targets,
monitors performance and resolves bottlenecks to achieve SWS
- Oversees development and revision of weekly management and crew
- Directs all restaurant level HR activity including:
- Personal accountability for crew hiring decisions
- Learning Zone planning and execution
- Performance management
- Employee relations issues up to and including termination
- Provides hands-on training for management staff in Learning
Zone and develops all Shift Managers and Assistant General Managers
to assume higher level responsibilities.
- Develops and monitors staffing plans and directs crew sourcing
- Manages the work environment on all shifts to ensure fair and
equitable employee treatment, as well as adherence to all Company,
state and federal workplace regulations.
- Achievement of restaurant annual operating plan
- Margin improvement over previous year sales growth
- Weekly/Period restaurant performance in sales, labor, ICOS and
- PRC results and OSAT scores
- Learning Zone certification levels, crew turnover and staffing
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Delivers Excellence in Customer Service
Is fully aware of customer needs and ensures that they receive
quality products and service. Ensures work is to the correct
standard. Possesses extremely high standards of product quality and
speed with service and constantly monitors performance against
those standards. Possesses a strong eye for detail and cleanliness.
Presents a positive image through tidy and professional appearance
of self and other employees. Interacts with customers in a highly
effective and proactive manner. Consistently seeks to improve the
customer experience. Demonstrates and emphasizes to others the
importance of a winning customer experience. Uses customer feedback
tools and techniques in making decisions and improving restaurant
Supervises others and efficiently coordinates their work.
Delegates tasks to the most appropriate member of staff. Is able to
remain in control in difficult situations. Provides clear direction
and authority. Gets involved in a hands-on manner and leads by
example. Is assertive. Communicates restaurant goals and a
motivating vision; links individual performance to achieving
restaurant goals. Demonstrates principled leadership and sound
business ethics; stands up for what's right. Celebrates
achievements; recognizes and rewards others; generates pride and
commitment. Regularly coaches staff to drive performance against
objectives; provides ongoing, constructive feedback. Demonstrates
passion, enthusiasm and intensity in work; is a role model.
Identifies problems quickly; assertively develops and implements
solutions; manages restaurant flow to ensure customer satisfaction.
Focuses the team on critical business issues; plans, organizes and
delegates work for peak efficiency. Ensures understanding and use
of available business tools by appropriate team members. Accurately
analyzes financial data; identifies trends and takes appropriate
action; follows-up to ensure 100% implementation. Understands key
business drivers and uses this knowledge to build sales and achieve
Identifies appropriate staff development needs and action plans
and ensures time is available for crew development. Is tenacious in
ensuring that all employees receive the opportunity to learn and
demonstrate new skills. Transfers own knowledge to others by
clearly demonstrating procedures, maintaining high standards and
"walking the talk". Provides resources for development, follows up
and gives positive, direct feedback. Provides ongoing coaching and
feedback as well as periodic formal assessment of progress.
Technically proficient in all aspects of food preparation,
production and delivery. Displays detailed knowledge of all key
food handling/food safety procedures. Familiar with basic
restaurant equipment troubleshooting. Displays detailed knowledge
of all company product standards.
Educational Attainment/Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Supervisory experience in either a food service or retail
- Demonstrates ability to maintain financial controls and coach
and train hourly employees.
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial
performance and employee satisfaction.
Work Hours: 10 hours
Days per Week: 5 days per week
Inside/Outside: 95% inside / 5% outside
Extreme Temperatures: Ambient, near ovens and stoves
Noise Level: Normal
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not
exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current
job. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description
and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances
of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload or technical development).
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not
Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee
will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business
owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary