Company: Dairy Farmers of America
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the oversight of the
maintenance functions, engineering, and site facilities. The
Engineering Manager works closely with plant management, plant
employees, and serves as a liaison with the DFA enterprise wide
functional departments such as Quality Assurance and Compliance,
Human Resources, Accounting, Engineering, Purchasing, Research and
Development, and Risk Management. Specifically, the Plant
Engineering Manager is responsible for the performance of the
Maintenance Department. This position will develop engineering
plans to support current and future plant requirements and
developing systems in critical areas such as preventative
maintenance, spare parts inventories, and work order systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and manage the department's budget to ensure
financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Manage Capital and Expense Projects to meet scope, budget and
timeline as defined.
- Develop, implement and maintain maintenance related systems to
support the continuous manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure the department's activities remain in or exceed the
standards and specifications established by Quality Assurance.
- Coordinate with on-site staff, DFA Management and, when
necessary, NACP Management to review and approve plans for new
equipment installation and layout to ensure operational
- Engage and interact with personnel on a regular basis assisting
them with their concerns and questions.
- Drive key performance indicators throughout the organization
and participate in making corrective action recommendations and
manage successful implementation for necessary changes.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities to ensure
- Manage employee's performance through establishing
expectations, holding people accountable and developing the
understanding of the sense of urgency.
- Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of
ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process,
and the injection of new products or product lines
- Ensure good business communication practices are engaged at all
levels to ensure key stakeholders are well informed and have the
ability to appropriately respond.
- Ensure all process changes, equipment changes, or product
changes are understood by affected employees in a timely
- Ability to work off/any shift(s) if necessary. Must be able to
receive calls pertaining to plant issues when not on duty.
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all DFA GMP's and works in a manner consistent with all
corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a
complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Other duties may be assigned as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial
Engineering or related degree
- 5-7 years of experience managing people and /or processes in a
manufacturing environment. High speed manufacturing and food
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels
of the organization
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and
PowerPoint) required. SAP knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Dairy Farmers of America, Reading , Plant Engineer, Other , Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!