Senior Maintenance Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced subject
matter expert in Maintenance, workplace safety, and data driven
management and leadership. The Senior Maintenance Manager is the
lead manager on site and provides leadership and direction to a
team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering
Material Handling Systems/Applications, Industrial Automation and
Robotics services in a 24 / 7 logistics environment. The candidate
must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to manage multiple
complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as be able to
influence, and develop relationships at all organization levels.
This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of
service delivery as measured by Key Performance Indicators.
Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be
achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the
prescribed budget for each facility.
A day in the life
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and
driving safe work practices, timely training, best practices
- Establish and execute strategic direction for the site
maintenance team driving best in class service, supporting
operations team in a customer-focused manner
- Inspect buildings' physical plant routinely to guarantee that
building services are at the highest level of quality standards.
Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
- Handle multiple internal and externally sponsored projects and
daily activities, manage to, and meet deadlines, and develop &
track plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution
- Strategically lead the Nordstrom site to improvements in the
reliability of the production assets through a proactive
- Fully support and deploy the basic maintenance workflow process
of Nordstrom's Maintenance Excellence program in order to reduce
the over cost of maintaining the site's assets while increasing the
OEE of the production assets.
- Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive
continuous improvement in the site performance.
- Manage third-party contractors and vendors engaged in operating
and maintaining properties and equipment
- Comply with SOPs, maintaining standard work
- Lead and assist in site incident investigation, utilize
structured problem solving to identify root cause of failures
- Work with Senior Facilities leadership and Operations General
Manager to provide the strategy, vision, and continuous improvement
to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and
enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with
recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Provide leadership, mentor and manage site-based Managers and
Technicians. Promote a high-performance team through specific,
enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide
associates with written performance appraisals including discipline
and up to termination.
- Develop and implement Reliability plans that support increasing
the Uptime of the facility
- Drive maintenance Best Practices: Innovate, document, improve
work methods, standardize, provide a safe work environment and
require safe work practices, train, commission equipment, collect,
measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve
processes and improve Nordstrom customers experience.
- Offer guidance to senior leadership on maintenance and
equipment end of life (EOL) issues using ROI, and other analytical
- Provide monitoring, auditing and enforcement of maintenance
execution, safe work practices, and institute and audit training
drills across the network.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard
CMMS tools, processes, and systems where possible. Ensure facility
compliance with use of the new tools.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness, and creativity in
finding solutions for service delivery.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets, meeting targets as
defined in KPIs; and, provide written variance analysis for any
- Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to
the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of
- Partner with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost
savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce
on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives,
zero based budgeting, variance analyses, etc.
- Maintain site morale and customer satisfaction by keeping the
customer in mind and by keeping the interests of the company at
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement
project plans; and, manage the process to complete the
- Drive optimal facility performance through contracted cleaning
services, HVAC, Vertical Transportation, Restaurant, Fire and Life
Safety and Pest contracts etc.
You've got this if
- Four-year degree in a related discipline or relevant
combination of experience
- A minimum of eight to ten years of direct supervision of
multi-building operations is required
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24 / 7 operations in a
fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think big! Proficient data analyst and new processes
- Self-starter. Strong evidence of driving goals with minimal
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents
and routine accounting methods.
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems.
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution.
- Six Sigma, Lean, TPC, or other operational excellence
- Excellent project management skills to ensure timely and
accurate delivery of related projects
- Broad network of facilities professionals and supplier base to
draw upon when needed
- Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Strong collaborative management style needed with strong
written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Professional Engineering registration a plus. Affiliation with
professional organizations such as IFMA, BOMA, RILA, Nexus,
- MBA or other master's degree and/or Six Sigma Black Belt
Certification a plus
We've got you covered
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected
in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits
to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities
and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click
the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom, Reading , Senior Maintenance Manager, Other , Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!