Home Health Aide (HHA)
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Currently Hiring Per Diem Home Health Aides to provide service
to patients in the Hamburg Area!
We offer WEEKLY PAY and Flexible Schedules.
"Earn Paid Time Off when you work 32 hours or more in a week yet
still receive the flexibility and perks of being part-time."
The PRN Home Health Aide helps patients stay in their homes by
monitoring and reporting on a patient's condition, providing
support and personal services, and by educating patients and family
members. The Full Time Staff Aide must be flexible with regard to
patient assignments and available on a full-time basis to accept
assignments as patient needs arise.
OMNI Personal Care Services, a part of LHC Group, is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Reports observations of the client's condition to the Agency
Director or accounts manager. Notifies the Agency Director
immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
- Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a
seat belt when business travel is required.
- May provide or assist clients with activities of daily living
including: bathing in bed, tub or shower; care of hair including
shampoo, combing and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including
denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including pericare
and applying lotion; transfer of patient from bed to chair and to
wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan, commode and
toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed
as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker
and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to client's
- Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping and
performing other essential errands, if necessary.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures,
pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the
training limitations of the aide.
- Prepares meals as required based upon client's preferred diet.
May need to feed client if required.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including
safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs,
Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
- Records and reports activities related to personal care
responsibilities, as required.
- Responds promptly to client requests
- Documents all client related activities in a timely
- Participates in performance improvement inservices.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related
tasks and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Six months experience in personal care or home community based
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Current CPR certification required (Kentucky, Tennessee,
Skill / Availability Requirements
- Ability to work on a full-time basis and willingness to work
flexible schedules based on patient and agency needs.
- Ability to function competently and professionally in any home
situation regardless of protected status including but not limited
to age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition
of the patient.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Keywords: LHC Group, Reading , Home Health Aide (HHA), Other , Hamburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!