Manager, Safety and Loss Prevention
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Chewy is currently hiring au0026nbsp;Safety u0026amp; Loss
Preventionu0026nbsp;Manager for one of our fulfillment centers.
This individual will be responsible for the fulfillment center
safety, loss prevention, environmental compliance, and food safety
programs as well as employee engagement in support of Building a
Culture of Safety.
What you'll do:
- Serve as designated representative of assigned fulfillment
center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Safety,
Loss Prevention, Food Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all
personnel in complying with Chewy.com safety standards and
maintaining a safe work environment.
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits
in support of this effort.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with
corporate Safety, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Loss
Preventionu0026nbsp;Program expectations and applicable federal and
state laws.Conduct theft investigations as needed and directed by
the Director of Safety and Loss Prevention
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety
risks and improvement opportunities as they relate to Safety, Loss
Prevention, Environmental Compliance and Food Safety through the
conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard
Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Facilitate incident
investigation process. Including near misses, unsafe acts or unsafe
- Manage the contract guard service. Enter Safety Incident
Information in Metrics database in a timely manner.
- Train and assist others (Ops Managers, Safety Team Members,
etc) to complete their Safety, Loss Prevention, Environmental
Compliance and Food Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety
- Keeps OSHA 300 log in order and up to date as well as perform
- Maintains relationships with outside consultants, vendors,
employment agencies, professional associations and Federal and
State government agencies such as Occupational Safety and Health
Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency
- Ability to drive a safety culture that is world class by
increasing employee engagement, accountability and programs.
- Lead safety, food safety, environmental compliance and loss
prevention related training classes
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two to Four years' experience handling the responsibilities
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Experienced in emergency response and be able to maintain
current First aid and CPR certificates
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery
for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving personnel
- Position may require travel
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related
- Experience in Worker's Compensation case management
- Proven safety record with demonstrated yoy improvements.
Keywords: Chewy, Reading , Manager, Safety and Loss Prevention, Other , Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!