Machine Operator (Former) 1st Shift
Company: Michael Foods Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor
with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato
products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our
organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team
that's First in Food - where you can enhance your career, sharpen
your talents and make an impact.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a
critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis.
We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our
retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our
manufacturing facilitiesthis is a great opportunity for those who
are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or
being sent home from college temporarily.
The purpose of the Forming Machine Operator is to assist in the
production of high quality omelet fillings and egg products in the
Forming Room. This person needs to possess an understanding of the
operation and the products made, as well as the end users of
products. The Forming Machine Operator will work along with Lead
/Supervisor to insure efficiency in operations, and maintain a
clean and safe production environment. The Forming Machine Operator
is required to follow instruction (written or oral) from the Lead
or Supervisor. Forming Machine Operators could do a variety of
tasks including operate the bagger, mix product batches, and
perform required QA product checks and maintain all proper
documentation that allows for the smooth function of the Forming
Room. All Forming Machine Operators must learn and have the ability
to do these tasks as instructed by the lead or supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in breakdown and transfer of ingredients to Forming
- Assist in mixing batches and transferring to mixer and forming
- Assist in set-up of room prior to production - metal detector,
bagger, and assemble corrugated totes for shipping as needed.
- Ensure totes are properly labeled for shipping.
- Operate and monitor bagger, transfer bags of product from
bagger to metal detector to finished totes.
- Perform required QA product and equipment checks at designated
- Gather samples for lab testing during production at designated
- Deliver finished samples to lab at end of production.
- Monitor production flow have the ability to determine if
product meets proper specifications or not and take corrective
action as needed, i.e. bad transfers, product integrity.
- Enter finished product data into SAP at computer ice
- Assist in returning unused ingredients to cooler at end of
- Remove waste receptacles to empty as needed during
- Assist in the general good housekeeping of the area and
maintain sanitary environment during production (clean-up floor,
debris, re-fill hand sanitizers outside the Distribution
- Assist in clean-up of room at end of production as time
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification.
Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely
affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Driver's license
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge or ability to learn.
- Ability to follow set procedures and instructions.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
- Ability to work indoors in a damp, cool environment for
duration of shift.
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate all Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP's) and Safety regulations for the area.
- Wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the
- Have the equivalent combination of education and experience to
successfully perform the essential duties.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the
- Medical (HSA/PPO)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan w/ match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Incentive Plan
Keywords: hourly, manufacturing, manufacture, product,
production, machine, operator, bag, mix, document, benefits,
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, Reading , Machine Operator (Former) 1st Shift, Other , Klingerstown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!