Forklift Operator - 1st Shift
Company: Owens & Minor, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Owens & Minor, our Mission is simple: empowering our
customers to advance healthcare. Our teammates continue to play an
essential role in the global fight against COVID-19 by working to
ensure our healthcare customers have what they need, when they need
it, enabling them to focus on the critical task of providing
patient care. As a Fortune 500 company with over 15,000 teammates
in over 70 countries, Owens & Minor remains laser-focused on
delivering on our Mission throughout COVID-19 and beyond. Our
$9-billion business includes our Global Solutions and Global
Products segments, with core offerings structured across three
pillars of excellence: Products, Services, and Distribution.
Our people are the power that propels us. As we continue to
navigate unprecedented circumstances, teammate safety remains our
top priority, and all of our facilities have implemented enhanced
safety and sanitation protocols. Just as our teammates are
dedicated to empowering healthcare around the world, Owens & Minor
is dedicated to providing the kind of culture and benefits that
empower teammates to grow their careers and enjoy the rewarding
work they do every day.
Owens & Minor benefits are applicable to Full Time Regular and
Permanent Teammates, and include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global
Shift: Monday - Friday 6am start plus mandatory overtime
Day 1 Benefits
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Picking orders to be shipped, ensure proper labels and
paperwork have been applied before shipping
- Picking customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct
number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Utilizing material handling equipment, safely and efficiently,
to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms
and ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery
- Organizing items that require special handling.
- Unloading inbound containers, verifying quantities match
documentation and sorting inbound damage items.
- Supports the company Quality Policy, Mission Statement and ISO
- Verifies that all outbound orders / shipments are 100% accurate
(per customer sales order) with respect to quantity, part number
and lot number.
- Ensures zero damage products are loaded on to LTL carrier
- Identifies all discrepancies and damages to the originating
distribution Picker and Ship Verification Lead. Ensures that orders
are promptly corrected and shipped.
- Ensures all customer special instructions and requirements for
shipping are met prior to shipment.
- Tracks all damages and discrepancies via "discrepancy log".
Identifies part number, lot number, quantity, and/or damage for all
- Reviews discrepancies found as needed with the Supervisor, Team
Lead and Cycle Counter to identify issue/error trends and root
causes of error.
- Provides suggestions for how to reduce picking
- Stretches wrap and loads all LTL order shipments on carrier
trailers per specified shipping lanes. Assures all shipments are
loaded and grouped by customer order number.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- General knowledge of math, reading, basic accounting, typing,
etc. - equal to a high school diploma
- Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus;
Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment WMS
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Must be available to work overtime hours
- Ability to obtain forklift certification, as needed, through
company provided training.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts.
- Employee is subjected to extremes in temperature (cold and hot)
and must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled
- Required safety equipment for position job duties will protect
individuals who weigh up to 420 pounds.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your
career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any
other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form
and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for
this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No
fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company
as a result of the referral or through other means.
Keywords: Owens & Minor, Inc., Reading , Forklift Operator - 1st Shift, Other , Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!