Machine Operator (Former)
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in
Klingerstown, Pennyslvania known for their ice cream socials at
Klingerstown Lutheran Parish, fishing rodeo, and fireman's parade.
Responsibilities$15.50 hr. POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the
Forming Machine Operator is to assist in the production of high
quality omelet fillings and egg products in the Forming Room. This
person needs to possess an understanding of the operation and the
products made, as well as the end users of products. The Forming
Machine Operator will work along with Lead /Supervisor to insure
efficiency in operations, and maintain a clean and safe production
environment. The Forming Machine Operator is required to follow
instruction (written or oral) from the Lead or Supervisor. Forming
Machine Operators could do a variety of tasks including operate the
bagger, mix product batches, and perform required QA product checks
and maintain all proper documentation that allows for the smooth
function of the Forming Room. All Forming Machine Operators must
learn and have the ability to do these tasks as instructed by the
lead or supervisor.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in breakdown and transfer of ingredients to Forming
- Assist in mixing batches and transferring to mixer and forming
- Assist in set-up of room prior to production - metal detector,
bagger, and assemble corrugated totes for shipping as needed.
- Ensure totes are properly labeled for shipping.
- Operate and monitor bagger, transfer bags of product from
bagger to metal detector to finished totes.
- Perform required QA product and equipment checks at designated
- Gather samples for lab testing during production at designated
- Deliver finished samples to lab at end of production.
- Monitor production flow have the ability to determine if
product meets proper specifications or not and take corrective
action as needed, i.e. bad transfers, product integrity.
- Enter finished product data into SAP at computer ice
- Assist in returning unused ingredients to cooler at end of
- Remove waste receptacles to empty as needed during
- Assist in the general good housekeeping of the area and
maintain sanitary environment during production (clean-up floor,
debris, re-fill hand sanitizers outside the Distribution
- Assist in clean-up of room at end of production as time
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification.
Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely
affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
- No prior experience or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Driver's licensePREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge or ability to learn.
- Ability to follow set procedures and instructions.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
- Ability to work indoors in a damp, cool environment for
duration of shift.
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate all Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP's) and Safety regulations for the area.
- Wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the
- Have the equivalent combination of education and experience to
successfully perform the essential duties.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or toolsThe above
statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work
and may not include all of the duties required of the
- Medical (HSA/PPO)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan w/ match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Incentive PlanKeywords: hourly, manufacturing, manufacture,
product, production, machine, operator, bag, mix, document,
benefits, vacation, PTO
Keywords: Michael Foods, Reading , Machine Operator (Former), Other , Riverside, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!