Company: Michael Foods
Location: Port Carbon
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in
Klingerstown, Pennyslvania known for their ice cream socials at
Klingerstown Lutheran Parish, fishing rodeo, and fireman's parade.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is
to direct the activities of Liquid Department employees engaged in
the manufacture of liquid egg products. Develop work schedules and
assignments to meet production goals, coordinate on-the-job
training activities for new hires and transferred employees, and
provide relief to other liquid Lead Persons and the Processing
Supervisor. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of other Liquid Lead
Persons (i.e., mixing and packing leads).
- Ensure proper and constant communication between floors,
departments, and shifts.
- Have thorough knowledge of and perform daily and weekly
start-up and shutdown procedures for Breaking, Pasteurizing,
mixing, and liquid packing etc.
- Must be knowledgeable in all customer specifications and have
the ability to perform weight/quality (PH and solids) checks,
magnet checks, and corresponding computer and/or paperwork and
enter data in SAP.
- Determine if product meets proper specifications and take
corrective action if needed.
- Confer with the Processing Supervisor and/or subordinates to
resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Must be able to endure the Atmospheric variations in all areas
of the Liquid Department throughout the entire shift.
- Attend seminars and training which will enhance professional
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients,
co-workers and management.
- The lead must be capable of performing basic maintenance on
equipment, along with assisting maintenance in troubleshooting and
- May make decisions and perform the job responsibilities of the
Processing Supervisor in their absence.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF certification.
Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely
affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situationsPREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Perform the job responsibilities of other Lead Persons in the
Liquid department (i.e., Packing, and mixing/pasteurizing) as well
as make decisions and perform the job responsibilities of the
Processing Supervisor in their absence.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage
multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective
and efficient meeting.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that they have a high
emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead their
personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active
listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both
positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts
either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party,
understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including
coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent
leadership style with an acceptable level of professional
- Have good communication skills (reading, writing and verbal)
and ability to work well with others.
- A good, positive attitude with the ability to work with the
supervisor on addressing issues tactfully.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Good mechanical skills and ability to operate specific
equipment or tools.
- Complete understanding of the Pre-Cooked Department and
Keywords: Michael Foods, Reading , Lead Person, Other , Port Carbon, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!