IDD Direct Support Professional
Company: Help At Home
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Looking for an exciting job opportunity where you can combine
your passion to care for people with your creativity and energy to
help people accomplish their goals and achieve their fullest
- Enjoy working with people and thrive when you have one-on-one
interaction with others.
- Treat people as a unique and special person and not merely as a
case, patient, project, or burden.
- Prefer a variety of tasks in a day.
- Don't want a desk job.
- Use positive words to acknowledge and appreciate people.
- Enjoy work that has the potential to make a difference in
- Want a career with growing opportunities.If this sounds like
you, a career as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) might be for
you!Current openings and hours available in the Danville, PA area
- starting rate of $15/hour
- SIGN-ON BONUS
- Full time, Part time & flexible schedules
- Health insurance for full time employees
- Employee referral bonusDSPs provide direct support services,
companion services and/or respite care to young adults and adults
with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities (I/DD).Services
are provided to the clients at home and/or in the community
setting, in accordance with the Individual Support Plan
(ISP).Direct Support Professionals (DSP) are directly supervised by
a Program Specialist, as well as the Program Director.PRIMARY
- Assists individuals in learning and developing new skills.
- Provides and maintains safe environment for the consumers.
- Assists the consumer with attaining goals in order to have
positive outcomes as described in the individual's ISP.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and behavior modification
- Performs or assists the consumer with home maintenance
activities as prescribed in the ISP.
- Completes accurate documentation of the services.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned.TRAINING:
- All employees will be required to complete the mandatory
in-service trainings for state compliance purposes. All trainings
can be completed virtually with monetary compensation.COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma or equivalent; or completion of a state
approved training program; or demonstrate skills and have a passing
score on a written competency test.
- Able to pass criminal background check.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- Performs tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor and communicates
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, ambulate
throughout a patient's home, navigating stairs and other physical
barriers typical to private residences. (Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Keywords: Help At Home, Reading , IDD Direct Support Professional, Other , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!