GENERAL COOK TREVI 5
Company: Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Posted on: January 16, 2022
"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this
position is 8/20/2021 through 8/27/2021."
This is the entry level position in a professional kitchen. This
culinarian should have general knowledge, understanding and
application of knife skills and cooking techniques. The General
Cook must possess a basic understanding of a ala carte setting as
well as production. The General Cook needs to possess a positive
attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Produce consistent food projects while following recipes with
reduced supervision and direction from the chef's, while
maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibits an advanced knowledge, understanding and application
of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe
keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary/work area in
accordance with Health Department/ ServSafe standards.
- Assist, train and guide culinary interns and general cooks in
- Able to work multiple stations in your designated area, on your
designated shift to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la
Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control,
requisitions, and par levels.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include
nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience OR
currently hold a culinary position in a similar restaurant, hotel
or private club setting.
- High school diploma or equivalentAdditional Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and
possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math
- Must be able to assist, train and direct culinary interns and
general cooks in daily tasks
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Skilled with a minimum of two cuisines. Examples may include
but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American, and
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 3 courses in
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.Physical Demands & Working
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
- Reaching Forward Constant (> 67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (
- Finger Dexterity Constant (> 67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (> 67%)
- Stooping Occasional (
- Bending Occasional (
- Standing Constant (> 67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow
motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and
among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness,
pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between
and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on
union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled
requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend
hours.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, Reading , GENERAL COOK TREVI 5, Other , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!