Ultrasound Technologist (Part Time) (Days)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist (Part Time) (Days)
Location: Muncy, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Part time
Department: GMCM Radiology Team
Date Posted: 12/10/2021
Job ID: R-24483
Job SummaryResponsible for independent operation of sonographic
equipment, and for performing diagnostic examinations using
sonography. Responsible for the delivery of high quality, cost
effective imaging services. Performs imaging procedures in area of
expertise. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in
the specific age range for their assigned area. Responsible for all
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound
examinations. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record
and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological,
diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgement during the ultrasound exam to
accurately differentiate between normal and abnormal findings.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and
medical history, and communicates impression to the
- Seeks out new information and technologies to improve job
- Communicates openly, honestly, directly and clearly.
- Provides appropriate information, gives feedback, and
constructively assists in resolving conflicts.
- Makes decisions considering the impact on others; takes
personal responsibility and demonstrates risk-taking behavior.
- Allocates decision-making at the appropriate level; involves
others; build team trust and commitment.
- Communicates and supports decisions; evaluates past decisions
to improve on further decisions.
- Participates in, accepts and supports team activities and
- Participates in learning activities.
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning; takes risks;
helps others; contributes to the professional growth of the
- Ensures regulatory compliance is understood.
- Possesses the knowledge and experience to achieve success by
continually working in compliance.
- Assures technical compliance with Joint Commission, Department
of Health, National Research Council, and Department Envoronmental
- Commits to placing the patient and customer first.
- Ensures the patient experience is a priority.
- Uses resources effectively to meet departmental goals.
- Recommends changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and
- Makes decisions considering the impact on others and the
department Identifies problem-related equipment performance and
calibration which results in substandard images.
- Notifies Technical Specialist and Team Leader.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and
handling of non-controlled medications.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Registered Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Ultrasound Technologist (Part Time) (Days), Other , Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!