Machine Operator, Lvl B
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cutting-edge industrial technology meets grit, integrity and
At Greenbrier, we do the hard work that matters. The Greenbrier
Companies (NYSE: GBX) is a leading designer, manufacturer and
supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and
services, powering the movement of products around the world.
Greenbrier's heritage of hard work and industrial innovation is
celebrated at every level of our organization.
Machine Operator must be able to operate all machinery productively
and be able to repair machine if needed with little or no
Duties and Responsibilities
* Use calipers, micrometers, or other types of measurement devices
to check part dimensions.
* Maximize tool life.
* Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper
* Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally
during the production procedures
* Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
* Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum
* Detects and reports defective materials or questionable
conditions to the department supervisor.
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
* Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
* Perform safety checks on every machine
* Other duties and projects as assigned by the Production Manager
or Plant Manager.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Use Understand basic machine operation.
* Attention to detail in all work aspects.
* Able to use a caliper, micrometer, and tape measure.
* Know how to determine speed and feed rates.
* Required ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Good communication skills.
* Excellent judgment and decision making skills
* Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Education and Experience
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
* Ability to operate successfully multiple facility machines
including at least one high skilled machine level.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable.
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity -50% of the
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity 66%+ of the
Reach Outward: C
Reach Above Shoulder: F
Squat or Kneel: F
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less: F
13-25 lbs: F
26-40 lbs: O
41-100 lbs: O
Lift / Carry
10 lbs or less: F
11-20 lbs: F
21-50 lbs: O
51-100 lbs: O
Over 100 lbs: O
* Overtime required.
* Heavy industrial equipment used.
* Stress to reach manufacturing goals.
With the exception of clerical, administrative, and some management
positions, which require indoor work, the physical environment
requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold,
wet/humid, dry/arid and dusty conditions. Employees are required to
use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Greenbrier, Reading , Machine Operator, Lvl B, Other , Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!