Corporate Environmental Specialist
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionCarpenter Technology Corporation is a leading
producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including
titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless
steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance
materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of
critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation,
medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its
history of innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology
capabilities support a range of next-generation products and
manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and
additive manufacturing.Primary Duties
- Support environmental programs, plans and procedures for
compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory and permit
requirements across the organization.
- Participate in internal environmental compliance audits and
internal ISO14001 EMS audits, working with site representatives to
complete any action items.
- Develop and support the implementation of environmental
programs, including ISO14001 EMS and Environmental, Social and
- Manage internal environmental sustainability data collection,
analysis and reporting.
- Identify environmental risks and opportunities, collaborating
with sites to effect solutions.
- Assist all Carpenter Technology locations as directed by the
Corporate Environmental Program Manager and/or VP of Corporate EHS
- Assists in the development and implementation of new or revised
environmental policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Assists in the development of training curriculum.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.Required for the Corporate Environmental Specialist
- Four-year degree in Environmental Science, Environmental
Policy, Environmental Studies, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of industrial facility environmental compliance work
experiencePreferred for the Corporate Environmental Specialist
- Trained in RCRA, DOT Hazmat Transportation, SPCC and SWPP.
- Title V and/or State-Only Air Permitting experience, including
application in a manufacturing setting.
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management compliance and training
- NPDES permitting and compliance experience, including
- SPCC compliance experience.
- Working knowledge in applying Federal, State and Local
environmental regulations to manufacturing processes.
- ISO 14001 or other EMS program implementation experience.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks for timely
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities.Carpenter
Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive
benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible
spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company
contributions as well as many other options to employees.Carpenter
Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively
maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Reading , Corporate Environmental Specialist, Other , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!