Kids Court Attendant
Company: YMCA of Reading & Berks County
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:The Kids Court center attendant
provides a quality member-service childcare program that reflects a
positive image for the YMCA and its services to the community. The
attendant will provide positive growth and nurturing of children in
the program by meeting individual needs. This individual must be
able to thrive in an environment with the unique challenges of a
non-profit community service organization; works with general
supervision. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the safety of the children in the child watch
center at all times.
- Provide an appropriate role model to children at all
- Listen to the needs and concerns of co-workers and provide
support to their goals in the work environment.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training
- Responsible for the appearance of the room and maintaining the
quality of supplies, equipment and materials as well as reporting
and supply needs and/or equipment damage.
- Responsible for knowing and implementing health emergency
procedures and evacuation plans.
- Respond to questions and concerns from parents and refers them
to the director as needed.
- Enforce Child Watch rules to parents, staff and members.
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships
with other staff members, leaders, volunteers, members,
participants, parents, and the general public.
- Know the work schedule and reports to work on time or finds an
- Implement a developmentally activity based on the age of
children in the program.
- Implement character development which includes values of
Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Use appropriate positive guidance when interacting and
- Attend quarterly staff meetings and in-service training
- Know, educate and enforce Child Care Center rules and policies
to members and parents.
- Know the names of parents, children and make yourself known and
available to them.
- May be responsible for communicating facility needs and
concerns to the director immediately.
- Follow the YMCA guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education Required - Must have current CPR or obtain within
first 60 days of employment
- Preferred - High School diploma or equivalent, or combination
of education and experience
- Experience Preferred - Experience with working with children
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Physical Demands(Without
Accommodations)NeverOccasionally(Up to 33%)Frequently(34% -
66%)Continuously(67% - 100%)SittingxWalkingxStandingxBending
NeckxTwisting NeckxBending Waist (forward or sideways)xTwisting
WaistxSquatting (crouch or sit on one's
heels)xClimbingxKneelingxCrawlingxRepetitive Hand Movement xReach
Above Shoulder HeightxReach Below Shoulder HeightxMove Items
Weighing up to 10 lbs.xMove Items Weighing 11-25 lbs.xMove Items
Weighing 26-50 lbsxMove Items Weighing 51-75 lbs.xMove Items
Weighing 76-100 lbs.xMove Items Weighing over 100 lbs.x
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: YMCA of Reading & Berks County, Reading , Kids Court Attendant, Other , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!