Company: Raystown Developmental Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
*** Starting Salary from $38,000 to $43,000 *** *** $750 Sign On
Bonus ($250 after 90 days, $500 after 180 days) *** *** Full Time
with Benefits *** *** Hours are typically 8am to 4:30pm M-F *** ***
Covering Mifflin County *** Develop programming for adults with
intellectual disabilities living in a residential setting and help
them to live a more independent life! *** Submit Resumes by June
17th, 2022 *** Are you interested in working with a company that
values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become
part of an organization that cares about your personal and
professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions,
then you should consider working for Raystown Developmental
Raystown Developmental Services (RDS) has been serving the counties
of Huntingdon, Mifflin, and Juniata since 1983.
RDS provides a vast array of services to Adults with intellectual
disabilities. Our Residential Program serves individuals with
intellectual disabilities who reside in group homes. Staff assist
individuals to maximize choice, daily living skills and community
integration. RDS also provides day program services at our Adult
Training Facility where individuals focus on skill building and
community integration. In addition, RDS facilitates Home &
Community based services to help assist individuals with
intellectual disabilities to help increase their independence and
personal skills in their home and to access their community.
SUMMARY A Program Specialist is responsible for the oversight and
monitoring of administrative and programmatic tasks associated with
the Residential Habilitation Services programs. Work assignments
are varied in nature and are performed under the supervision of the
Operations Director or Regional Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Program Specialist shall be responsible for the
coordination of assessments in accordance with payer
- Responsible for coordination or development and review of
individual program plans in coordination with team members
including family members, residential providers, support
coordination activities, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the coordination of training and development
for consumers to maximize and/or maintain skills.
- Responsible for the development of planned program
- Responsible for the participation in Individual Support Plan
(ISP) meetings and ensure compliance with ISP goals and
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of individual
program plans and program activities to ensure compliance with
waiver requirements and ISP outcomes.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the therapeutic activities
services provided to individuals in the training facility and
- Recommends operational procedures pertinent to the conduct of
the therapeutic activities program to the Operations Director for
consideration and/or implementation.
- Interprets policies and procedures to staff personnel and
cooperates in the coordination of therapeutic activities services
and other professional services.
- Initiates corrective disciplinary action per chain of command
- Assists in preparation of employee performance
- Identifies training needs of staff, evaluates and initiates
training recommendation and appraises the effect of training on the
overall performance of staff, and demonstrates more efficient work
- Consults with the ISP team on the development of therapeutic
- Participates in peer review processes.
- Ensures that adequate documentation of meetings is maintained
on a structured schedule with the Operations Director.
- Helps in writing requisitions, inspects and supervises proper
maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the implementation
of therapeutic activities services.
- Compiles, reviews and approves units of service for consumer
attendance. Ensures that all unit of service reporting is complete
and verified for accuracy prior to submission. Ensures that all
unit of service reporting is supported with written time in/time
out documentation and appropriate progress notes. OTHER DUTIES
- Can act as a point person and certified investigator within the
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. SUPERVISORY
- This position supervises a team of CPS direct care staff
members and serves as a coach and mentor for staff members in
similar positions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The duties of this job require fine motor skills to write neat,
legible notes, read and understand program documentation, and
completing keyboarding entry.
- The duties of this job involve physical movements such as
lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and
reaching: The physical demands described herein are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment for this position varies between a
facility setting and community based locations. Staff members in
this position are required to work both within and outside of the
facility setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires a minimal amount of personal travel;
however, travel utilizing company-owned vehicles is required on a
moderate basis. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A Masters Degree and one year of experience working directly
with persons with Intellectual Disabilities; or Bachelors Degree
and two years of experience working with persons with Intellectual
Disabilities; or Associates Degree or 60 credit hours and four
years of experience working directly with persons with Intellectual
- Computer skills including ability to learn the electronic time
and attendance system PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in direct provision and/or oversight of
CPS services CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be willing to obtain PA Certified Investigator
- Language Skills - Ability to read and understand documents and
instructions in English. Ability to respond effectively to
inquiries. Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic mathematic ability including
addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to read instructional bulletins
and/or participate in training sessions then translate information
provided into day-to-day work duties. ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive and understanding
attitude toward CPS participants.
- Ability to make sound judgments regarding the health and
welfare of CPS participants.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately.
- Ability to work as a member of a team cooperatively and
ethically to ensure the CPS program is a safe, happy, and clean
- Ability to express oneself clearly, orally and in writing, and
to follow instruction and direction in the performing of job
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with
co-workers, supervisors, families, and others who are essential for
the well-being of CPS participants.
- Ability to learn and comprehend behavior management and program
planning principles and applicable safety and health measures.
- Knowledge of health measures such as basic first aid, CPR, fire
safety and personal safety measures.
- Knowledge of advanced principles and methods of staff
- Ability to plan, organize, train, assign, monitor, and evaluate
the work of staff.
- Ability to analyze situations and formulate an effective course
- Ability to secure the confidence of and develop and maintain an
empathetic understanding of clients.
- Ability to organize and prioritize various work
- Ability to develop and implement individual goal plans and
program activities for program participants.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with county and state officials, clients and their
families, and the general public.
- Knowledge of community resources and services available to CPS
participants. Raystown Developmental Services is committed to
creating the best possible work environment for our team members
and offers the following total rewards package:
- Competitive Wage/Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
- Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or
- 401k Plan
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Raystown Developmental Services is an equal opportunity employer
with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected
characteristic. We are an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
Keywords: Raystown Developmental Services, Reading , Program Specialist, Other , Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!