Sr Safety Professional
Posted on: August 6, 2022
DescriptionAt Constellation, a freshly independent and
soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and
services to transform our future. Combining next generation
technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon
generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the
challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for
more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or
no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and
businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals.
Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22
percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the
leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services
and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate
change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and
believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will
best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities.
We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each
individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their
greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and
resources you need to design, build and power a successful
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our
employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to
highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with
company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive
medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness
program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future.
Energize your career with Constellation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITIONResponsible for providing independent
technical, regulatory and programmatic support of Exelon Power's
Safety Program, including Industrial Hygiene and Fire Protection.
Ensures Exelon Power facilities and work practices are in
compliance with applicable OSHA and state rules and
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Function as a Safety Professional for assigned plants or work
- Administer the Exelon Power Safety Program. Coordinate and/or
perform self-assessments of safety programs and processes.
Coordinate and/or perform accident and root cause investigations
and initiate corrective actions. (15%)
- Monitor pending regulatory changes and implements changes
within the organization as needed. (Procedure changes, training,
conducting demonstrations). Track developments in industry safety
programs and institute lessons learned into Exelon Power safety
- Write and maintain safety procedures. (15%)
- Maintain safety communication network within Exelon Power.
Interface with other groups within the company involved in safety.
- Monitor, track and report out on safety issues. Develops
performance indicators for safety adherence. (10%)
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Position reports to Manager Safety - EP.
- Must be able to travel to remote locations, including
- Must be able to work flexible shifts / hours to support
operational or outage needs.
- Provides dotted-line supervisory duties to plant safety
- Provides feedback on plant and personnel performance to Power
- BS with 6+ years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree with 8+ years experience and 3+ years
exempt-level experience OR
- H.S. Diploma with 10+ years experience and 5+ years
- Professional Certification or Recognition
- Functional Executive Level App'l
- Strong oral communications, presentation skills, and
negotiating skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of organization.
- In depth knowledge of OSHA Laws and Regulations.
- Experience as a highly motivated self-starter with the ability
to work independently.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in
Microsoft Office Suite Products.
- FLS experience
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Utility Safety
Administrator, or Certified Occupational Safety & Health
- OSHA 500 or 501 certified
- Knowledge of power plant operations
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Associated topics: circuit, design, electrical, hardware, msee,
plc, rf, stationary engineer, wind, wire
Keywords: Constellation, Reading , Sr Safety Professional, Other , Holtwood, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!