Surgical Technologist II-Operating Room- $7,500 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Technologist II-Operating Room- $7,500
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GLH Operating Room Team
Date Posted: 03/01/2022
Job ID: R-28399
Job SummaryAre you a Surgical Technologist or a recent graduate
looking to start your career as a Surgical Technologist? Join our
Geisinger team today! Through professional growth, quality
improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an
innovative culture that allows our staff to grow their skillset,
develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to
build a rewarding, lasting career with impact!Surgical
Technologists assist in surgical operations. They are responsible
for preparing the operation rooms for surgery; sterilize and supply
equipment; prepare patients for surgery, such as washing incision
site; they help surgeons and nurses during surgery by passing them
instruments and other sterile supplies.
- Assists in the coordination of care in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room supplies and equipment for surgical
procedures as indicated per surgeon and preference card.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and Out and Operating
Room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
Registered Nurse and Surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Follows Universal Protocol standards in the operating
- Identifies and reports any concerns or observations that may
impact patient care, to the Registered Nurse circulator.
- Consistently contributes to the resolution of problems by
offering effective options, alternatives and solutions.
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Participates in Joint Commision mandated educational
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
Registered Nurses's supervision.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Up to $5.00/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and
- $7,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Surgical
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Lorie Lopez, Recruiterfirstname.lastname@example.org
EducationAssociate's Degree-Surgical Technology (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Surgical Technologist -
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
(NBSTSA); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Surgical Technologist II-Operating Room- $7,500 Hiring Incentive!, Other , Burnham, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!