Company: Progressive Vision Institute
Posted on: September 25, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST ARE:
- Schedules, reschedules, and cancels appointments as
- Schedules all appointments with the appropiate physician to
ensure top quality care to patients.
- Updates, enters, and mails patient recall into the system as
- Answers telephone calls promptly.
- Addresses the caller's concern.
- Directs all calls to appropiate personnel.
- Identifies emergency calls and schedules appropiately.
- Keeps and active cancellation list and uses as necessary.
- Confirms all appointments.
- Obtains proper insurance information.
- Provides fee schedules and insurance information to
- Collects co-pays or balances.
- Checks magazines for current dates.
- Picks up anything left behind by patients.
- Straightens/cleans and replaces chairs to original
- Checks patients in, greeting everyone in a pleasant and
- Tracks patients in the reception area and communicates with
them, as needed.
- Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been
received, completed, and signatures obtained.
- Scans patient's insurance card/ID.
- Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from
- Assists patients in obtaining authorization or referrals that
have not been received by the practice.
- Enters all new patient demographic information into the
- Places charts in bin for specific physician or technician.
- Marks arrival time of patients in office and makes sure that
patients are seen on time.
- Assists other front personnel as needed.
- Must be able to cover numerous late nights a month and travel
to other offices when needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST ARE:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Accurate data entry.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivation to suceed.
- Empathetic personality with concern and respect for patients'
- Composure under pressure.
- Competency in problem solving and decision-making.
- Team oriented.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Pleasant personaloity and disposition.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers. EDUCATION AND
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years minimum experience in customer service
- Basic typing, English, mathematical skills The Medical
Receptionist is a full-time position that offers benefits The
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant is a full-time position that offers
benefits. The American with Disabilities Act requires that
responsible accommodations be made for qualified individuals to
help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. Please
let us know at the time you apply for the position if you need any
special accommodations. I have read and understand my Job
____________________ (Employee) (Date) PM20 PI192220512
Keywords: Progressive Vision Institute, Reading , Medical Receptionist, Other , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!