Surgical Technologist II-Operating Room- $7,500 Hiring Incentive!
Company: Geisinger Health System
Location: Port Royal
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Technologist II-Operating Room- $7,500
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GLH Operating Room Team
Date Posted: 03/01/2022
Job ID: R-28399
Job Summary Are you a Surgical Technologist or a recent graduate
looking to start your career as a Surgical Technologist? Join our
Geisinger team today! Through professional growth, quality
improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an
innovative culture that allows our staff to grow their skillset,
develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to
build a rewarding, lasting career with impact!
Surgical Technologists assist in surgical operations. They are
responsible for preparing the operation rooms for surgery;
sterilize and supply equipment; prepare patients for surgery, such
as washing incision site; they help surgeons and nurses during
surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies.
- Assists in the coordination of care in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room supplies and equipment for surgical
procedures as indicated per surgeon and preference card.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and Out and Operating
Room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
Registered Nurse and Surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Follows Universal Protocol standards in the operating
- Identifies and reports any concerns or observations that may
impact patient care, to the Registered Nurse circulator.
- Consistently contributes to the resolution of problems by
offering effective options, alternatives and solutions.
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Participates in Joint Commision mandated educational
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
Registered Nurses's supervision.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Position Details We're proud to offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Up to $5.00/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and
- $7,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Surgical
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Lorie Lopez, Recruiteremail@example.com Education
Associate's Degree-Surgical Technology (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Surgical Technologist - National
Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Reading , Surgical Technologist II-Operating Room- $7,500 Hiring Incentive!, Other , Port Royal, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!