Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Progressive Vision Institute
Posted on: September 25, 2022
- Evaluates and completes assessment of patient needs to provide
supportive care before, during, and after procedures while
maintaining accuracy and completing records.
- Communicates pertinent information to co-workers.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent
potential injury. Investigates and intervenes in problem
situations, reporting appropriate information to supervisor and
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment.
- Operates and troubleshoots specialized equipment and patient
- Anticipates and assists with maintaining adequate inventory of
supplies and medications.
- Accountable for administration of drugs, (with exception of IV
procedures) and other therapeutic and diagnostic measures in a safe
and accurate manner.
- Ensures informed signed consent completed prior to
administration of sedation.
- Provides guidance to other staff members assisting with
- Consults with appropriate supervisor or physicians as
- Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibility for
own professional growth and development. Participates with in
service opportunities and staff meetings.
- Accepts direction from supervisor or physicians and adheres to
- Maintains patient's rights to privacy by not discussing
privileged information outside the work area or with in hearing
range of visitors, family, or patients.
- Maintains flexibility and performs other duties as
- Functions within the legal limits of nursing practice.
- Refers situations beyond ability or function to proper
- Reports errors of commission/omission.
- Participates in performance improvement program.
- Assists in Code Cart Maintenance and Defibrillator Checks.
- Assists in completion of ASC patient log book.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical
- Must hold a current license from the Pennsylvania State Board
of Nursing to practice as a practical nurse.
- Experience in operating room preferred.
- Current BCLS is mandatory.
- Membership in local, state, and national societies is
preferred. PM20 PI190555879
Keywords: Progressive Vision Institute, Reading , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!