Company: CareLink Community Support Services
Posted on: September 25, 2022
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
CareLink Community Support Services has current openings for Direct
Support Professionals and Residential Counselors at our Glenmoore,
For over 60 years, CareLink Community Support Services has been
dedicated to helping people with disabilities to live in the
community with dignity and independence. Our rehabilitation
services and professional staff provide the support that people
with serious mental illness, physical disabilities and other
developmental challenges need to be active, productive members of
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for promoting
recovery, wellness, and self-determination for individuals
participating in services by implementing, supporting, and
documenting activities that promote recovery. Our DSP is
responsible for supporting community integration. The goal of the
counselor is to promote the pursuit of independence for all
individuals participating in service. The essential functions are
established based upon the agency mission, values, and goals.
Sign-On Bonuses for DSP:
- $600 for full-time positions 40 hours per week ($300 paid after
first 3 months & $300 paid after completion of 6 months of
employment per policy)
- $300 for part-time positions 32 hours per week ($150 paid after
first 3 months & $150 paid after completion of 6 months of
employment per policy)
- $200 for PRN positions minimum 32 hours per calendar quarter
($100 paid after first 3 months & $100 paid after completion of 6
months of employment per policy) Benefits of the Direct Support
Professional (full time roles):
- Medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 403(b),
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Long term disability coverage, employee assistance
- Basic life insurance, and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to
- Voluntary, employee paid, benefit plans including short term
disability, supplemental life insurance and AD&D.
- Critical illness and accident coverage are also available.
Available Shifts for Direct Support Professionals:
- 1st Shift (32 Hours) Friday through Monday, 6 AM - 2 PM
- 1st Shift Tuesday through Saturday (40 Hours)
- 2nd Shift Tuesday through Saturday (40 Hours)
- 2nd Shift, (40 Hours) Thursday through Monday, 2 PM - 10
- 2nd Shift (32 Hours) Friday through Monday, 2 PM - 10 PM
- PRN - as needed Salary Range:
- $15.00/hour (full-time positions)
- $15.20/hour (PRN positions) Qualifications of the Direct
- High School diploma or General Equivalency diploma or Certified
Nursing Assistant license required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and experience
working in human services preferred, but not required
- RPRP/CPRP certification preferred.
- Certified Peer Specialist preferred;
- Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically with
people with disabilities using methods of recovery principles;
- Familiarity as a Caregiver and with Mental Health best
- Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable
- Ability to prepare meals, perform general housekeeping and
- Valid state driver's license required;
- Willingness to drive agency vehicle as required;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
Essential Functions of the Direct Support Professional:
- Participate in the development and implementation of
service/recovery plans reflecting the individual's preferences,
goals, lifestyles, and interests.
- Assess, teach, evaluate, and supervise individual's skills in
the areas of daily living, meal planning, housekeeping, career
needs, and social, recreational, and community activities.
- Complete written documentation daily that reflects the
individual's recovery and progress on their goals as well as staff
- Support and oversee individuals with medication regimen
including PRN medications.
- Consistently engages in productive/therapeutic activities.
- Encourage and support individuals in developing positive
relationships with family and significant others.
- Support individuals through modeling, verbal teaching, and/or
direct assistance with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of
their individual rooms and their residence.
- Prepare various foods for individual meals as required.
- Ensure that any and all dietary considerations are followed.
Food shopping must be completed and dietary preferences/concerns
will need to be considered.
- Locate and access community medical resources for individual
needs as applicable and as instructed.
- Take regular responsibility in shift activities, including but
not limited to site trash removal, changing linens, making beds,
cleaning bathrooms, cleaning common areas which include but are not
limited to the living room, kitchen, foyer, dining area, and
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including assisting with
maintenance of the kitchen, common areas, linen closets, medication
storage areas, and staff office.
- Respond appropriately to safety/emergency situations.
- Drive agency vehicles in a safe manner following the applicable
traffic laws for purposes of supporting individuals and/or the
program. Physical Demands:
- Lifting is required. Ability to lift at least a minimum of
twenty (20) pounds;
- Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care;
- Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that
involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling,
- Ability to drive agency vehicle;
- Ability to shovel snow off of walk-ways, sidewalks, and porches
if applicable. PM21PI191744592
Keywords: CareLink Community Support Services, Reading , Residential Counselor, Other , Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!