Company: Cougle's Recycling Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description: Yard Jockey/Dock StaffReports
to: Dock SupervisorJob Summary This position requires a motivated
individual with tractor trailer operation and forklift experience.
This position consists of two major functions jockeying and
organization of trailers and the loading and unloading of CRI (and
outside hauler) trucks. All trucks must be backed into dock and
placed in the yard as well as unloaded and reloaded (if applicable)
quickly and efficiently. The dock staff is expected to keep an
ongoing flow of trucks in order to consistently supply the sorting
line and balers with material and keep the drivers effectively
servicing our customers. In order to maintain precise payment and
record keeping, legible and accurate completion of the paperwork is
expected. The dock staff is responsible to ensure that all
downgrades or load issues are documented via photographs and
supplied quickly to customer service. They must load supplies &
containers for delivery to the customer as well as the state of the
vehicle as it leaves our dock (all trucks should be clean and swept
off after unloading and prior to reloading). Duties and
- Work with fellow employee's dock, dispatch, drivers to ensure
good communication, teamwork, and effective work habits.
- Coordinate with the dock supervisor to determine the most
efficient, effective way to schedule the placement and removal of
trailers for unloading and truck preparation.
- Ensure proper trailer inspection grading as well as the orderly
and concise completion of all paper work.
- Assure that all trailers are swept clean free from debris and
correctly setup for delivery to customer's facility.
- Work to maintain an orderly and organized work area at all
times in our trailer yard and on dock as well as throughout the
facility where material is stored.
- Assist all drivers indiscriminately with their needs and
requests. Confer with the area supervisor if the request seems
unusual, unreasonable or is not possible.
- Take pictures and report to customer service with any problem
with equipment or loads which may come in, so that the customer can
be contacted immediately with the problem so that they can be
addressed and corrected.
- Ensure that you are following safety regulations.Job Impact
Your job controls the entire flow of material for the dock which in
turn provides material to our sorting lines and balers. The
unloading and setting up of trailers allow our logistics department
(driver's) to service our customers. If you do not effectively
manage your area; sorting and baling may be halted, drivers will be
delayed, and customers will be left dissatisfied. Inaccurate
completion of the dock ticket or grading could lead to the
immediate damage to our relationship with our customers; it is
essential for all customers to be compensated correctly for what
they have and to receive accurate feedback on any damages to our
equipment or improper or unsafe loading. Job Training,
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be able to work well with fellow employees
- Must be able to take and follow instructions from the dock
supervisor or plant manager in order for the most efficient
- Must be trained and competent in the safe operation of a jockey
truck and tractor trailer.
- Will be required to take and pass a forklift and skid loader
- Must be computer literate.
- Will be required to unload pallets, bales and containers of
material from straight trucks and trailers ensuring material is
take to the appropriate area(s).
- Ability to correctly grade and organize material.
- Maintain, clean and inspect forklift before each shift and
report any issues or concerns.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Sweep and clean the inside of trailers.
- Ability to move and stack pallets.
- Ability to lift 50lbs not continuously.General Conduct,
Behavior, and Performance
- Exhibit good attendance habits. Strive to be at work every
scheduled work day unless prevented from doing so for viable
reasons of health. If a health condition creates an unavoidable
absence preventing an employee from coming to work for the day, the
employee is required to call in to report the illness and absence,
before the start of their shift.
- Exhibit good work habits; avoid late starts and tardiness.
Strive to be at work as scheduled, at the proper work station
every. Return from breaks and lunches in a timely manner. In the
instance of an unavoidable tardy/late start, the employee is
required to either previously obtain permission for the tardy/late
start, or call in to report the tardy/late start to the H/R
- Exhibit good work habits; avoid early departures. Strive to be
present and productive until the scheduled shift end of each work
day. If an early quit is required and unavoidable, the employee is
required to notify and obtain permission for that early quit.
- Exhibit good work habits such as: productivity, efficiency,
accuracy, and effectiveness in the job functions. Strive to work at
a reasonable pace, stay busy, remain at the assigned work station
and job function, and be useful and productive with paid time.
- Exhibit good work habits by being a great team member; work
well with co-workers, be considerate of co-workers, avoid arguments
and confrontations, avoid non-productive or destructive behavior,
work well with your supervisor, and constructively taking
instructions and carrying out assignments given by your supervisor
or a member of management.
- Suggest new/alternate methods, ideas, and solutions to
contribute to greater efficiency and improved results. Your opinion
- You will be expected to adhere to our company's values and
standards, by always being honest and behaving with integrity.
Keywords: Cougle's Recycling Inc., Reading , Yard Jockey, Other , Hamburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!