Security Officer - Part Time
Company: Penn National Gaming
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Dont just work. Work Happy.A career in gaming? At Hollywood
Casino at Penn National Race Course, we think you'll enjoy an
exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse,
enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of
the leaders in the industry.
- Officers are employed to protect property and life and enforce
safety regulations by performing the following duties in order to
assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce
strength, and compliance goals.
- Perform and complete all duties necessary to comply with PGCB
mandated requirements, which include but are not limited to,
gaming-related drops, card and dice reconciliation, inspection,
cancellation, and destruction, re-issuance of poker cards, and
transport of locked chip carriers and documents to and from the
- Through alertness, diligence, specified procedures, and
proactive attention to potential danger and security risks, the
Security Officer shall protect our guests, our property, and our
staff from harm or loss.
- Patrol, periodically, buildings and grounds of the facility, as
directed; or stand watch, as directed, at an assigned Security
post, in order to oversee the comfort, safety, and security of our
- Examine various points of entry to determine that they are
- Conduct inspections, in accordance with procedures, to ensure
equipment and facilities are in a safe condition.
- Watch for and conduct timely reporting of irregularities such
as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left
unlocked to the appropriate authority.
- Guard against theft of company property.
- Greet all guests and staff in a positive, friendly, and
- Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to
maintain orderly flow, as directed.
- With care and professionalism, ensure compliance of Hollywood
Casino's responsibility to prevent over-consumption of
- High School Diploma/GED; or six months to one year of work
experience that demonstrates qualities of sound judgement and
dependability; or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read and comprehen simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing
Commission and meet any crednetialing requirements of the
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Walking 40% of the time.
- Sitting 10% of the time.
- Standing 40% of the time.
- Bending and lifting 10% of the time.Whether you prefer being at
the center of it all or working behind the scenes, theres a role
for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as
big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career
opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our
company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as
we do means youll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within
the organization.Equal Opportunity EmployerStarting from $16.00 per
hour, based on experienceJob/Display ID: 2021-90495 External
Company URL: http://www.pennentertainment.com/ Street: 777
Keywords: Penn National Gaming, Reading , Security Officer - Part Time, Other , Grantville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!