RN Echocardiography Laboratory
Company: Geisinger Health System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title: RN Echocardiography Laboratory
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Lab, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Central Region Echocardiography Laboratory Team
Date Posted: 09/08/2022
Job ID: R-37662
Job Summary The Echocardiography Laboratory RN position is an
integral part of the Advanced Imaging team proving state of the art
cardiac imaging. This position will allow the ability to utilize
clinical skills when triaging patients, supervising stress testing,
or administering moderate sedation. This position performs daily
registered nurse functions in the Echo Lab Department and
participates in a variety of nursing activities necessary to the
acquisition of echocardiographic examinations, stress testing, and
advance imaging examinations.
- Administers medications during adult conscious sedation and
pharmacological stress testing.
- Assesses patient responses to medications and testing per
protocols and document information in medical record.
- Assures all necessary paperwork and information is present for
- Prepares patients for procedures.
- Reviews history of allergies, medication list, etc.
- Assesses patients physical status as well as their
understanding of the procedure.
- Provides patient and family education about procedure.
- Ensures that patient has followed proper pre-test
- Assesses patient per Joint Commission safety goals and follows
- Applies monitoring equipment.
- Monitors vital signs.
- Performs emergency procedures when necessar.
- Transports equipment to patients bedside when necessary.
- Starts and regulates oxygen.
- Monitors conscious sedation patients until transferred.
- Assists with orientation of personnel and students.
- Assists in approved research activities as needed.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position. Position Details
- Hours: -7:30a-4:00p
- Weekends, Holidays and On Call: -to be discussed further during
- Travel: -less than 25%- may require travel to outreach sites to
cover RN duties
- Education/ Experience: Current RN license with minimum of two
years RN experience required. Two years Cardiac nursing is
preferred. Conscious Sedation Certification to be obtained within 6
months of hire. BLS and ACLS certifications preferred.
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and
members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive
compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones
stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare
benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental
coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you'll also receive
care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the
country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a
variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex
spouses, domestic partners and their children and
- Paid Time Off: -Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you
to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and
reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and
- Diversity and Inclusion: -We strive to create an environment
where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their
most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource
Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger
employees to build internal and external networks and further
develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities
but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: -We
offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate
degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only).
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Experience Minimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Reading , RN Echocardiography Laboratory, Other , Paxinos, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!