Unit Desk Clerk - Advanced Acute Care Neurosciences Unit
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Unit Desk Clerk - Advanced Acute Care Neurosciences
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Medical Surgical Nursing Division
Date Posted: 01/10/2023
Job ID: R-39142
Job SummaryAre you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Job DutiesResponsible and accountable for performing a wide range
of clerical duties in a patient care environment.
- Participates in required patient safety education programs and
other activities designed to improve departmental and
- Assures appropriate bed assignment.
- Ensures timely notification of teletracking upon
- Performs clerical duties for admissions, transfers, discharges,
and deaths according to standards.
- Transcribes and processes orders according to unit
- Releases and confirms ordered tests to appropriate
- Coordinates transportation of patients to multiple tests.
- Communicates patient related information promptly to the
appropriate care team member.
- Participates in obtaining and communicating electronic
information as pertinent to the nursing unit.
- Communicates with food services to ensure appropriate patient
- Collaborates with other health care teams in order to
facilitate multi-disciplinary patient care.
- Obtains and orders supplies.
- Files forms and reports according to standards.
- Maintains an organized patient care environment.
- Operates, problem solves, and takes corrective measures for
- Assists with transporting non-controlled medications to and
from Pharmacy and within the unit as needed.
- Assists with transporting blood products to and from Blood Bank
- Assists care team in the collection of necessary data or
- Precepts and mentors new staff in a professional, positive
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
Position DetailsSchedule: Day/evening shifts including every other
weekend and holiday.We're proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- $1,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates (internal
candidates not eligible)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and
401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Jennifer Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Clinical (Preferred)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Unit Desk Clerk - Advanced Acute Care Neurosciences Unit, Other , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!